Chapter 24

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

Lincoln, Nick and their Pokemon are currently in their jeep and driving into the forest. The trunk is fully loaded with wood and a trailer is attached to the jeep, which is also fully loaded with wood.

The two drive through the forest for a while until they finally arrive at the lake where Lincoln recently dismantled the wooden fence. They approach the lake and stop on a path.

Everyone gets out and stretches a little before taking a deep breath.

Nick: Ah the air is so fresh here.

Swampert nods and smiles.

Swampert: Swampert!

Eevee jumps onto Lincoln's shoulder and he pets her, which she really likes.

Eevee: Eevee~

Lincoln: Then let's unload the wood.

The others nod at him as they begin to unload the wood and pile it into a pile. It takes a while, but that's also because it's not a small amount of wood. Soon the entire jeep and trailer are unloaded.

The group looks at the mountain of wood and Lincoln taps on it.

Lincoln: Well, that's finished now.

Nick: Let's load up the old wood first.

And with that, the two of them and their Pokemon get to work. They load the old moldy wood into the jeep and the trailer, like unloading it takes a while to finish, but they did it. The two of them and their Pokemon each sat down on a stone and picked up a few lunch boxes.

They open the lunch boxes and start eating with their Pokemon, Indeedee really knows how to cook. The four of them have a lot of fun eating until Nick wants to eat his berries and can't find them.

Nick: Okay Swampert funny...

Swampert looks at his partner confused.

Swampert: Swampert?

Nick: Now don't come with "What?" You ate my berries, I'm not angry, just admit it.

But Swampert shakes his head. He would never touch his partner's food. Nick, on the other hand, watches his partner's Pokemon sharpen before sighing.

Nick: Yeah okay, you really have nothing to do with it. I would know it if you had. Now who was the culprit?

Lincoln looks at his friend.

Lincoln: This has happened to me too, I assume some Pokemon is a petty thief.

He takes a bite of his sandwich as Nick strokes his chin.

Nick: Very strange.

Suddenly Nick has a Sherlock Holms hat on his head and a pipe in his mouth.

Nick: Let's get to the bottom of this case, Watson.

Lincoln raises an eyebrow and looks at his friend with an emotionless expression.

Lincoln: Why am I Watson?

But Nick ignores him. He gets up and takes a berry from Lincoln, who just lets him do it before he goes to a stone a little further away and puts the berry there. He quickly goes back to the others watching the stone.

Lincoln: This is your grand plan?

Nick: Do you have a better idea?

The two stare at each other for a few seconds without making a sound before looking back at the stone. Nothing happens for a while until they see a little hand come out from behind the stone and grab the berry.

The two rangers' eyes widen as Lincoln takes out his binoculars

Lincoln: I can't see the Pokemon, the rock is covering it, but I see... two little antennas?

Nick pats Lincoln on the shoulder.

Nick: Come with me.

The two slowly walk towards the stone and can already hear how the Pokemon seems to be eating the berry with joy. The two rangers slowly look over the stone and they cannot believe what they see.

Nick: No way.

Lincoln: We're dreaming.

Sitting on the ground in front of them is a small greenish, fairy-like Pokemon that is happily eating the berry. The little Pokemon finally notices the two rangers and gives them a friendly wave.

???: Celebi!

The two rangers are about to pass out.

Lincoln: Celebi... a Mythical Pokemon is sitting in front of us right now.

Nick: And it seems to be our little thief too. Am I right Celebi?

Celebi looks a little depressed at the ground, it knows it wasn't nice to steal, but it's so hungry.

Nick then smiles with a warm aura.

Nick: You at least seem to regret it, then it's okay. But from now on, just ask us and we'll give you all the berries you want.

He tickles the little Pokemon who starts laughing. Lincoln smiles too.

Lincoln: It calms me down a little.

Nick looks at his friend, but is still playing with the little Pokemon. Eevee and Swampert are finally here and are also quite surprised by the Mythical Pokemon.

Lincoln: Remember what Professor Mangrove told us.

Nick: That's right Celebi only appears in times of peace. Then we don't have to worry about these Team Flare guys.

Lincoln: Even if we do, we'll finish them off.

The two fist pump as Celebi looks at the two rangers strangely. They hear the growl from Celebi's stomach and start laughing.

Lincoln: How can such a small Pokemon eat so much?

Nick: Hey Celebi, maybe you want to come with us to the base, you can get something to eat there.

Celebi nods and the group makes their way to the jeep after covering the wood they unloaded with a blanket. It's already too late to start building the fence anyway.

During the journey, the two rangers are very amused by Celebi, who looks around the jeep with interest. But first the group takes away the old wood, which takes some time. But Celebi, Eevee and Swampert, play with each other while unloading the wood.

When the group finally arrives at the base, the sun is already setting. They enter the base and Indeedee is already there with food on the table.

Lincoln: Thanks Indeedee.

Indeedee: Indeedee~

Nick: By the way, Indeedee, we have a guest with us. This is Celebi, Celebi this is Indeedee.

The two greet each other until they sit down at the table and start eating. Everyone seems to like it very much, after a while they are finished and Celebi stretches until it flies into the air and looks a little sadly at the two rangers and their Pokemon.

Celebi: Celebi....

Lincoln: You have to go, right?

Celebi nods and Nick opens the door for the little Pokemon.

Nick: Celebi here, but don't forget you can always come back and eat with us.

Celebi smiles, hugs everyone again and then flies out of the base and disappears.

To be continued.