Chapter 21

Seeing the sparkle in Bucky's eyes, Arianna smiled. Two men who had been so at odds found a way to work out their differences, to love each other. She wanted her and Steve to get to that place.

"How does Morgan fit into all of this," Arianna asked. "Is she happy?"

Bucky's face softened more as he said, "She knew about me. Tony had her calling me Papa." The sheen of tears filled his eyes at the memories. "I cried seeing her."

Arianna chuckled. "Are you sure you're not the mama?" Then her face fell slightly. "Speaking of, I thought Pepper-"

Bucky shook his head, cutting her off. "No, she carried Morgan, but she's mine and Tony's."

Arianna had to laugh at that. "Okay, that's not how DNA works, Buck."

"I know," Bucky became serious, "but HYDRA liked to play God. They were trying to birth an army and they used my," he cleared his throat as he searched for the right word, "stuff as a baseline. I asked Romanda to send Tony the file if we lost." Then, his voice became filled with pride. "During the Blip, Tony let his genius show and now, we have Morgan."

Arianna shook her head. "I never knew Tony had such a soft side to him. He's always been my asshole cousin."

Bucky smiled. "He's the biggest softy I know." Then, the hurt returned. "And then he lies."

Arianna placed a hand on his flesh arm. "At least you know it comes from a good place, right?" Bucky gave her a disbelieving look, snatching his arm away and she raised her hands before he snapped at her. "Don't get me wrong, I hate him. If he had just talked to me about his suspicions, I would have gone willingly for him," she looked down, clutching her hands together, "and Steve."

Bucky saw the devastation in her eyes. He knew what the pain of rejection looked like. Tony had at least told him how Steve had sent Arianna away. Sure it had been followed up with him lying about where she was, but it had helped Bucky convince Steve that he didn't belong behind bars, that he only needed help and Wakanda could give him that.

But Bucky saw something else in Arianna's eyes, one that made him smile. It was also a look the super soldier knew very well.

"You really love him, don't you?" he asked.

Arianna knew she had to explain it or no one would ever believe her, so she said, "The way I see it, Captain Hydra was the rough sex and beatings and killing." A soft smile lit up her face. "Steve was the kisses and the protection and cuddles," then, the smile became kind of goofy, showing she not only meant every word but did love Steve, "he was there even when brainwashed."

Bucky moved to sit next to her and pulled her in for a hug as the pain started to well up again. "When we see him, tell him that. I know it will mean the world to him, Ari."

When Tony had confessed to him while Bucky was healing, it was the fact that the billionaire didn't blame him that helped him start to heal the most. Bucky wanted that for his best friend.

The pilot came over the intercom and announced, "We'll be arriving in Wakanda soon, Mr. Barnes."

Arianna sat up so they both could buckle their seatbelts as Bucky said with a smile, "Almost there. Let's get you your man, huh?"

Arianna couldn't help but burst out laughing.