Chapter 18

It had been a year since Arianna had seen any of her friends or family. A year of testing and treatment. A year of her refusing therapy as much as possible. The only time she would talk to the on-site therapist was when she would correct them on who she cared about.

She loved Steve, not Captain Hydra. Yes, Captain Hydra was the one she had started a relationship with, but she knew that wasn't Steve's true nature. Her Captain was a creation made by HYDRA to kill and be a weapon. He had very little feeling, even where she was involved. But it didn't mean he wasn't real. He was just a small part of Steve Rogers amplified by a group of terrorists.

Steve was the man Arianna loved with everything in her. He was kind, caring, protective, supportive, loyal, and so much more. Yes, he had a dark side when it came to keeping his loved ones safe, but she knew that it came from a place of caring. HYDRA had tried to twist it and failed. Didn't that show the character of the man she wanted a future with, who still had a hold on her heart?

She sat on her bed in her "room" that reminded her too much of her first cell in HYDRA, her arms wrapped around her knees. She sat, crying into her sleeves.

"I want to go home," she said, just as she had every day for the past year.

Dr. Yang walked in and said, "Miss Stark, you have been discharged. You're free to go."

She looked up in shock for a moment before she ran past him and out of the room to collect the few valuables she had been brought in with. She was finally getting out.

In the waiting room, Bucky sat and stared at the double doors, saying, "How much longer is this going to take?"

Arianna walked out and replied, "It took time getting all my shit together, Barnes."

They hugged for a moment before they began to walk out. "I'm just sorry I couldn't get you out sooner." His voice became hard. "Tony's been more of an ass."

"What else is new? But why-"

Bucky moved her so she was behind a pillar. "Stay hidden."

Before she could ask what was going on, Ironman landed and said, "James, you have some explaining to do!"

There was no joke in his voice, no I Love Lucy reference. This was just Tony and he was mad. Bucky clenched his fist.

"Really?" the super soldier asked in a mocking tone. "Did I have my cousin kidnapped and sent to a mental hospital? Did I lie about it for a year?"

The armor began to peel away, revealing the man inside. "Okay, so I dropped the ball on that, I admit."

"Did you even have time to tell her everything, or did you get rid of her to keep hiding?"

This set Tony off. "No, I still haven't told her you're my husband okay?"

Arianna couldn't stay tucked away anymore and stepped out, saying, "Excuse me?"

Tony was shocked when he saw her. "Arianna?"

"I can't believe you!" She and Bucky moved around her cousin and got in his car as she fought tears. "I want to see Steve, please."

Bucky started the engine, saying, "Wakanda it is. I need a break from my husband anyway."

He drove off before Tony could stop them. He knew she would want to see Steve, even if it was only to get some closure. However, a part of him hoped that wasn't the case.