Chapter 6

It felt like the longest walk of Arianna's life, but once they were back in their room, he removed his suit and she began cleaning his latest scrapes.

"Why did you kiss me?" he asked as she finished up.

"I think," she said, "between worrying about you and being afraid of what they were going to do-" She took a breath, trying to erase it all from her mind. "It was a bit much."

He turned to look at her and, seeing the distress in her eyes, he cupped her cheek. "You need the other me, don't you?"

She kissed him, but he pulled back. "They always hurt you."

"I'll be fine, princess." It was painful as hell, but he wasn't what she needed.

"Maybe I don't want to risk it." She looked down. "I want you."

He wanted to be the one she relied on, but he wasn't. "I'm not meant to comfort, princess. Only kill."

She hugged him as a realization occurred. "You wouldn't kiss me or protect me if that were true."

"What are you doing to me, princess?"

He got up and walked out, contemplating what all this meant, leaving her confused. He loved her. But he wasn't meant to love, the other him was. In that moment, he knew what he needed to do. God, it was going to hurt, but it was for his princess. He hit his head against the wall, hard. As the stars receded, Steve came forward and he walked back into the room.

"Arianna?" he asked.

She looked up, shocked, and responded, "Steve? What- how-"

His calloused hands held her shoulders encased only in one of his button-up shirts. "He thought you needed me. I'm sorry you're stuck here, that they almost-"

"But I said I didn't need-"

His hands wandered down, slowly undoing the fragile buttons. "Then, what do you need, Ari?"

She gulped. "To forget where we are. Just for a moment." Her breasts heaved as he held the shirt open, looking over her perfect body. "To feel normal and... safe. Please?"

He looked into her eyes. Both of them started to breathe heavily. Their lips came together roughly. Any clothing they had were quickly discarded. He pulled her hips into him so that she could feel how hard he was against her stomach, making her thighs clench. He moved her back towards the bed so that they fell on top of it.

He kissed down her body, his tongue tasting every inch of her until he found her glistening fold and began feasting. She gripped his hair, a whine escaping her lips. Soon, his large fingers had joined in and she was unable to keep still.

Just as she was about to fall over the edge, he crawled up her body, kissing her skin along the way. When he reached her mouth, he fused their lips together and slowly entered her. He swallowed her gasp at his invasion. When he was fully sheathed inside of her, he waited for her body to adjust to his size.

It didn't take long before she was pulsing around him, her body begging for him to move. And he listened. He used long, sure strokes. He knew every point that would have her screaming his name for the whole of HYDRA to hear, but that's not what he wanted and not what she needed.

Each thrust was designed to make her feel loved, safe, and protected. Each nibble and caress meant to declare his love for her. And she returned everything tenfold.

For months, he was forced to sit back and watch Captain Hydra train her to please him. Make her body sing for him. But this was all for the woman that both sides of him loved and desired. But she was making that difficult with every moan, every time she met his hips with her own, when she clawed his back and her legs locked around him. She kept sucking him back in every time he went to nearly leave the haven of her body.

She was his haven.

When she came the first time, he clamped his hand over her mouth, saying, "Right now, your screams are only for me. Don't let anyone else have them."

She nodded as she rode out the tide that had washed over her. His pace never stopped. If anything, his movements quickened and she was wound tight again. She soon lost count of how many times he made her climax, what position they were in, and what surface they were on.

He was holding back for her. She wasn't a super soldier, but that wasn't why. He wanted her to be unable to move when he was finished and to know the depth of emotion he felt for her. His thrusts began to falter. His own release was close.

"Steve!" she gasped as her overstimulated core tightened around him again.

"Together!" he ordered. "Now!"

He captured her scream and sucked it into his very soul. Rope upon rope splashed inside of her, the warmth radiating throughout her body. Aftershocks shook her so that his seed seemed endless. He held himself off of her so he didn't crush her with his weight.

He carefully removed himself from her body, earning a whimper. Some of his cum leaked out and the only blanket they had was soaked with sweat and their combined juices. As much as he loved the sight, he had to take care of her. Captain Hydra might not do it, but Steve wasn't about to let her stay like that.

He ran a bath and carried her to it. They sat in it, nearly falling asleep. That was Steve's cue to get them out. That, and the water turned cold so that Arianna snuggled into him for warmth. He dried her off and put his shirt back on her. It would be the only covering they had throughout the night. He would survive, but he wasn't going to risk her.

He removed the blanket and placed her on the bed. Not wanting the moment to end, he held her as they both drifted off to sleep.