Forty-Three

Mina's POV

The alarm blared, pulling me out of a restless slumber. I groggily reached for my phone, fumbling to turn off the intrusive sound. The room was shrouded in darkness, the only source of light being the faint glow from the streetlamp outside. I squinted at the clock – 5:30 AM. Another sleepless night.

As I swung my legs over the edge of the bed, the memories of Sana flooded back, haunting my thoughts like ghosts unwilling to fade away. The warmth of her laughter, the sparkle in her eyes – they were all vivid in my mind, refusing to be confined to the corners of forgetfulness. Sana was my first love, my confidante, and now, she was just a collection of memories I couldn't escape.

Dragging myself to the bathroom, I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror. Dark circles adorned my eyes, telling the tale of my sleepless nights. I splashed cold water on my face, hoping to shake off the lingering sense of emptiness. 

The morning routine felt like a mechanical process. Brushing my teeth, showered, and got dressed – all while the weight of Sana's hung over me like a storm cloud. I grabbed my keys and headed out, the city still wrapped in the hush of pre-dawn. As I walked down the familiar streets, the ache in my heart intensified. The world seemed to move on, oblivious to the emotional turbulence within me. I'm lost again.

I got first in the studio. I switch on the lights and grab my coffee. It's been three days since that Sana incident and was never the same after that. I took a sip of the coffee, the bitterness mingling with the bitterness of the recent events. 

Though Tzuyu had been checking on me every day. Tzuyu's presence became a lifeline in the sea of emotional uncertainty. Her genuine concern and the subtle ways in which she tried to lift my spirits made it more bearable. It wasn't just about the messages, calls, or night visits; it was the understanding that she was there, a steady presence in a world that seemed to have shifted on its axis. 

The faint chime of the doorbell echoed through the studio, I approached the door. As I opened it, a delivery boy stood there with a bouquet of white roses. A small card was nestled among the blooms, and I couldn't help but feel a mix of surprise and intrigue.

"Ms. Mina Myoui?"  the delivery boy said with a smile.

"Yes". I tried to form a smile.

"Delivery for you," handing over the bouquet. I thanked him, and he nodded before making his way out.

I was intrigued and examined the card. "I'm so sorry for everything. I hope we can talk. Please call me whenever you're ready. - Sana"

I took a deep breath, I couldn't shake the heaviness that settled within me. Just as I contemplated the next steps, my phone rang, interrupting the silent dance of thoughts. Glancing at the screen, I saw Tzuyu's name flashing. With anticipation, I answered the call.

"Hey," Tzuyu's voice greeted me. "How are you?"

I took a moment to collect my thoughts before responding, "Sana sent a bouquet, and her message caught me off guard. I just don't know where to begin."

There was a pause on the other end of the line before Tzuyu spoke again, her tone gentle. "That sounds like a lot to process. What did she say?"

"She apologized for everything and mentioned wanting to talk. She asked me to call her whenever I'm ready," I explained.

Tzuyu's voice carried a sense of understanding. "That's a big step from her. What are you thinking?"

"I honestly don't know," I confessed. "Part of me wants to talk and figure things out, but another part is still processing everything."