Forty-Two

Mina's POV

"Mina. Mina wait," Sana called her.

Sana's voice calling her name echoed in Mina's mind, but she continued to walk away. Her heart was heavy, and she needed some time and space to collect her thoughts and emotions. The unexpected encounter had stirred up a whirlwind of feelings, and Mina wasn't sure how to face Sana after all these years.

"Mina please." Sana's voice sounded desperate as she reached out to catch Mina.

"Let go of me, Sana." Mina's voice was filled with a mixture of anger and hurt as she pleaded with Sana to let her go. She needed space to process her emotions and the shock of seeing Sana again.

"No." Sana held onto Mina, tears in her eyes, refusing to let her go. She was desperate to talk and explain her past actions.

"Sana, please, just let me go for now," Mina's voice quivered.

Sana could see the pain in Mina's eyes. "Okay." Sana reluctantly let go of Mina, her heart heavy with the fear of losing her again. She watched Mina walk away.

"Taxi!" Mina quickly called a cab and left, leaving behind a tumultuous mixture of emotions and unanswered questions. Sana stood there, watching her departure.

As Mina sat in the taxi, she fought to hold back her overwhelming emotions, determined not to break down in front of the driver. Her heart was heavy seeing Sana, and a flood of memories and feelings rushed through her. She clung to her resolve to keep her composure as the cab continued to drive through the city, leaving Sana behind.

 As soon as Mina arrived home, she rushed inside and shut the door behind her. The moment of solitude was too much to bear, and the emotions she had been suppressing finally overwhelmed her. Tears welled up in her eyes, and she couldn't contain her sadness any longer. She let herself break down, allowing the tears to flow freely. It was a moment of raw and unfiltered emotion that she needed to experience. The pain and memories of their past love had resurfaced, leaving Mina in a state of anguish and heartache.

Mina's voice trembled as she spoke to herself, grappling with the resurgence of painful memories and emotions. "Why? Why now? I'm okay now, Sana," she whispered through her tears, desperately trying to convince herself that she had moved on and healed from the past. But the unexpected encounter with Sana had reopened old wounds, and Mina found herself struggling to come to terms with her unresolved feelings.

Mina remained on the floor, tears streaming down her face, lost in her feelings. She couldn't keep track of how much time had passed as she allowed herself to grieve. The weight of the past and the intensity of her emotions had left her shattered.

Mina's phone rang it was Tzuyu, pulling her out of her emotional reverie. Mina hesitated for a moment, contemplating whether to answer the call or not. She wiped away her tears took a deep breath and decided to answer. . "Hello?" she said, her voice still shaky.

"Where are you?" Tzuyu asked.

Mina's voice cracked as she replied, "I'm at home. Just got back." She tried her best to keep her voice steady.

"Can I come over?" Tzuyu said.

Mina paused for a moment but finally said, "Okay, you can come over." She desperately needed someone to talk to, and Tzuyu was the one person who could provide some comfort.

"Okay. Do you want anything?" Tzuyu asked.

"Just... bring some chocolate cake," Mina replied. Chocolate cake had always been a comfort for her in difficult times.

Tzuyu giggled softly, "Alright. Wait for me, I'll be quick," 

Mina heard the doorbell ring, and she quickly wiped away her tears, trying to compose herself. She got up from the floor and made her way to the door, her heart was heavy. Opening the door, she found Tzuyu standing there with a bag in her hand.