24

Neah left. She didn't want anything to do with me anymore even when I explained to her about Beck and I. She even laughed at me when I mentioned love. I do love Beck. I didn't feel lonely anymore.

I hate this. This loneliness and quiet is back. And it's been eating at me for three weeks now. And it's not like I ever got Becks number. Not to mention I don't know where she lives.

Showing up to her doorstep might be strange anyways. I sighed, drinking another cup of hard liquor. I hate this feeling. It was too familiar.

No wife, no daughter and no possible new happiness from Beck. We should've been more careful. I set the glass down and nearly puked.

Come on God. Give me a sign of something. Tell me where to go from here. Just then the doorbell rang. God? I got up from my seat, catching myself from a fall. I guess this is my sign here. To just get the door.

I went over with little hope. It's probably Girl Scouts. The bell rang again and I groaned. I opened the door and blocked away from the sun. My gaze focused on the person outside and I nearly couldn't find my words.

"Beck." Her hair is dyed blonde and it's curly. She's wearing overalls which seems a bit girly for her. I was glad to see her, but obviously embarrassed since I'm sure I smell of nothing but hard liquor.

"Sup old man." She casually says.

"W-what are you doing here?"

"I ran away from Gallows."

"Gallows?"

"The homeless shelter. Can I come in?"

"Yeah, of course."

She walked past me and I got a whiff of almond. How is she so...casual about this? I wiped my face and exhaled. She's back, maybe she wants to talk about what happened. I closed the door and followed her to the kitchen.

Beck popped open the fridge and took out a plate. It was pie I made. I was thinking, drinking, cooking baking. All of that. She popped it into the microwave without care and looked at the two bottles of gin. One empty and the other half empty.

She picked up the half empty bottle and gazed at me.

"No wonder you look like shit. Smell like it too."

"W-...what are you doing here? Do you not want to talk?"

"I do actually. Just trying to find out how to say it."

"Neah isn't here."

"I know or else you wouldn't have let me in."

"I guess..."

The microwave beeped and she took out the plate. Beck leaned against the counter and ate the slice of pie with her fingers.

"Ask me." She starts.

"Ask you what?"

"Why I was at a homeless shelter."

Although perplexed at her calm demeanor, I answered. "Why we're you at a homeless shelter?"

"Well, for starters my dad accepted me back just like you said he would. The first week was great aside from me being sick and I even told him about us. He said, "well...once you're happy." The hag of course called me a whore and he stood up for me for the first time and I felt great!" She beams.

Beck set the plate down and licked her fingers. "But...when the second week started I moved out due to a fight between his wife and I. She slapped me and of course I hit her back. But instead of catering to me...he catered to her instead. So I left.

"Then I was homeless again. I found the Gallows and this girl name Sally helped me. Gained a job as their maid but I found the tasks difficult since...well...I didn't know that I was pregnant."

"Pregnant?" She ignored me and continued.

"Sally had to tell me since she did notice me puking here and there. She told me if I didn't know who the father was I should just get rid of I because $150 a week isn't enough to take care of a child. I told her to fuck off and go to hell. Then I left...and now I'm here."

I didn't know what to say. "I was working for two weeks, with a baby in my belly, contemplating on what Sally said. But I couldn't do it. I had to come back here, Sebastian. You're literally the only person I have left."

Beck sniffled and I walked up to her. She's pregnant.

"My dad abandoned me again, I lost my best friend and I'm pregnant and scared and I missed you so much."

I hugged her. Beck instantly hugged me back and broke into a sob. Sounds like her three weeks have been tough.

"It's okay. I'm here now."

"I shouldn't have left that night."

"Don't blame yourself." Beck continued crying as I stroked her hair. "What matters is that you're here now."

She pulled away and I wiped her tears dry. "I don't know what to do anymore." She admits.

"Come. Come." I took her hand, leading out to the living room where we took a seat on the couch. "Do you want to keep the baby?"

She locked eyes with me. "Y-you're not mad?"

"What would I be mad?"

"Because I left and

"Beck, you being here is what matters. It's like I said before...I love you and I meant that. You were the first person in years to make me feel so alive and energetic. You're a woman, Beck. We're both adults here. I was waiting for you to come back. Whoever has a problem with us can get punched by you."

She grinned and sniffled. "I'm glad you're back Beck. Really."

"And Neah?"

"Well...she hates me. She left the morning after. Didn't call me or answer my texts."

"She has no idea what kind of father she has does she? When you ran to her my dad ran to the other. It's like I said...I only have you, Seb."

"And I'll be here for you. For the both of you."

~

Wipes tear