20

When I woke up Sebastian was still asleep. It's rare for me to wake up early. I looked back at him and he looks more handsome in his sleep. I eased out of bed quietly and went to the bathroom.

I took a fresh and trudged my way back to the room. Is this trip still even on? Last night was an absolute shit show I know that much. Thankfully I had Sebastian.

I left the cabin and skipped down the steps. Just then Neah was making her way up to me. I slowed down in my steps, looking at her in curiosity. When she got to me she slapped me. I was shocked for a few seconds before I regained myself.

"How fucking dare you Beck? You embarrassed me in front of my dad and you made Nick break up with me!" She cries. I set my eyes back on her and she's crying. Neah slapped me again, shoving me back.

If I hit her back I'm sure I'll knock her out. "I hate you! I seriously hate you Beck!" She kept on hitting me. Pushing, yelling and crying. I wanted to hit her back, but I let her do what she felt like. I didn't care anyway. Maybe if this was a month ago I would've cowered to her like some sort of leech, but that's over now.

"Why would you tell them that?" She whines.

"I don't care Neah. I thought you were a good friend to me but you weren't. You lied to me and you did a lot of things on purpose. You could eat shit and die for all I care."

"After everything I've done for you?" She asks in dismay. "You need to leave and never come back. You go and you get your shit and leave! I don't want to see you around my house ever!"

"If it were your house sure. But sadly it's not."

"We'll see about that." She went to walk past me but I stopped her.

"Don't wake him up for your incoherent bullshit Neah."

"He's my dad. Now let me go!"

I kept her dad, holding her hand tighter. "And you're a shit daughter. Want to know why? You lie to him and you made him feel bad that night at dinner. You knew you were planning to move out and instead of talking to him in some sort of sentimental way you just laid it on him."

"You don't know shit about me or my dad."

"You're so self centered you don't even realize it. You were just telling him how much of an adult you are a week ago and how much you were ready to move out. But now that Nick's done with your lying ass you're crawling back to daddy?"

Neah winced and pulled at her arm. "Let me go."

"Fuck you Neah." I shoved her and she fell to the floor. I went back to the cabin and opened the door, closing it behind me. I locked it and went over to Sebastian who's still sleeping.

I got back in bed and wrapped his arm around my waist. There was banging on the door and Neah screaming. She'll only wake him up.

"Dad!? Daddy?!"

Sebastian moved behind me and exhaled heavily. Neah's shouting didn't stop and I soon heard a low cuss from Sebastian.

"Beck?"

I don't want him to answer that door. "Don't answer it." I held his arm tighter.

"She's my daughter, Beck."

"Open the door!" She screams. She sounds like a maniac. I got up and shuffled over to the bathroom, closing the door shut.

__

What the hell is happening? I got out of bed and fished for a shirt. I quickly put it on and went over to the door. I unlocked it and then open it. Neah came rushing in past me, looking around.

"Where is she?!"

"Sweetheart what's the matter?" Neah looked at me and she's crying. She sniffed and ran up to me, hugging me. I realized then that I've been put between a rock and a hard place.

Neah needs me and Beck wants me. I care about Beck, but Neah is my daughter, I have to put her above all.

"Dad, Nick broke up with me and Beck doesn't seem bad about it." She sobs. I hugged her, looking at the bathroom door. "Why would she do something like that?"

"Was any of it true? Did you kiss her?"

She pushed away and scoffed. "We were high dad and drunk. It's not like it meant anything."

"Did she...you know...touch you like she said? And don't lie, Neah."

She wiped her eyes and sighed. "We were high."

"Neah, it still means the two of you did it." I say softly. "Do you think that maybe you like Beck in some way and Nick is just

"No. No way dad. I can't like her."

"Can't or don't?"

Silence. Neah took a seat onto Beck's bed and put her face in her hands. She shook her head and I took a seat next to her.

"You can tell me, Neah."

She cried. "Okay...I like her...but I love Nick." She whispers. "But that's ruined now." I gave her a side hug and Neah continued to cry. This is bad. My daughter likes Beck, the same person I also like and care about.

Neah finding out now is out of the question. "Only because you went about it the wrong way. Do you think you two would make up?" I don't want them to. Is that bad? To think something like that?

"I don't know."

"It'll be fine Neah. Just give it some time. The both of you just need to blow off steam separate from each other alright?"

She nodded and wiped her eyes. "Thanks dad." I hugged her and she hugged me back.

"Any time sweetheart."

Neah got up and gazed at me. "Is it okay if you talk to Nick for me please?" She begs innocently. I don't like the kid and she just admitted to liking Beck. Tough decisions are being sent my way.

"Is he still here?"

She nods. "He says that he'll rent another cabin when one gets empty. He still wants to stay the rest of the week since paid already."

"Alright. I'll talk to him later then."

"Thanks dad." Neah eventually left and when she did I went over to the bathroom door. It's locked.

"Beck? Do you want to talk?" No answer. "Beck let's talk about it, just open the door." I knocked lightly and I finally got a response.

"Leave me alone."

I sighed. "Whenever you want to talk I'll be right here alright?" I went over to my bed and took a seat. I need to take a fresh. And coffee would be nice.

~