01

My mother threw the bag into my hand and I clutched it. "You are not seriously doing this." She glared at me and my eyes drift to my father who's standing off to the side with his arms crossed. I scoffed.

"Unbelievable. I said I'm still looking for a job. I'll get one."

"You not having a job isn't the reason why we're kicking you out. You steal money to buy drugs."

"That was one time!"

"No the hell it wasn't!" She screams above me. "Do you really think we're stupid Beck?! Get out, you're twenty-three, you'll figure it out."

I scoffed and forced my tears back. "Fine, don't expect me to come back either. You both did a shitty job of raising me anyway." I threw the strap over my shoulder and left the house. What a time to be kicked out.

During the holidays and it's freezing. I took my phone from my pocket and called Neah, my best friend of ten years now. She answered on the fourth ring and I made my way closer to a bus stop.

"Hey babe!" She beams.

"Yo, babygirl, I need a place to stay."

"What? What happened?"

"My shitty parents kicked me out. I got nowhere else to go. Help me out until I get a job?"

"Oof, I'll have to chop it up with my dad. But where are you now? I'll send my dad to get you if he agrees since I'm currently in class." Neah's in college, she's studying dead bodies and shit.

"Dune Road by the bus stop. Like twenty minutes away from my house." I explain.

"Okay, I'll make sure he gets you as soon as possible."

"Thanks babe." She grinned and hung up. Neah and I aren't dating, and she's straight according to her, but we kiss and do all of that other stuff. And yes...she has a boyfriend. I've asked her multiple times if she was bi but she said no.

I don't know if she's scared to admit that she actually does have a thing for girls, but whenever she comes out I'll be here to pull the old, "I told you so", to her.

I've had a crush on her for years too. It hurts a bit seeing her snob boyfriend sometimes, but I can't do anything about it.

I sighed, waiting to see Neah's dad's old red truck. I've been over her place about twice, but I've never went inside before. We mainly chill out by the college in her dorm or at the skatepark getting high and pissed drunk.

I waited for another hour or so before texting her.

𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒊𝒔 𝒉𝒆? 𝑰'𝒎 𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒛𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒚 𝒂𝒔𝒔 𝒐𝒇𝒇!!

𝑪𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒍, 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚, 𝒘𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒓 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓, 𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒐𝒏.

I sighed and crossed my arms. Thirty minutes later a truck stopped in front of me. The window came down and I sat up.

"Are you Beck? Neah's friend?"

I stood up and walked up to the truck. I pulled the passenger door open, sliding in. "I am. Nice to meet you sir, I've heard a lot about you." I balled my fist for a dap and quickly gathered myself when he sent me a look. I held out my hand for a shake and he took it.

I cleared my throat and kept quiet as he drove. I texted Neah that her dad got me and set the phone into my lap. I hope he isn't going to make a deal about this whole thing. Sure she told me that he was cool, but I don't know. I'd like to see for myself.

Time passed and we reached her house. Her dad parked the car and sighed. "My daughter informed me on what happened." Woah, his voice sounds like old but young at the same time. Very deep too.

"There's a guest room you could stay in until whenever." He explains getting out. I followed and he locked the doors, walking up the pavement. He opened the door and walked in, closing the door behind me.

"I have rules, break any of them and you'll have to stay somewhere else." He drags. I followed him up the stairs that's straight ahead in silence and we eventually stopped to a door. He faced me and I nearly whistled.

This guy is ripped. His workout routine must be intense. I'll ask him for a few pointers.

"Rule one. No smoking." I locked eyes with the man and I could tell he's serious. My eyes drift over him, studying him for a bit. His hair has specs of grey mixing in with his black. His beard however is filled with grey. Damn, exactly how old is he?

"Rule two, no drinking." His house his rules Beck. Can't fuss about it. "Third rule, no loud noise that includes music. Four, I like my doors locked at ten, if you're out later than that consider yourself locked out until morning. Understood?"

"Yeah. Your house your rules man."

He opened the room door for me and motioned. "Last rule, always clean after yourself. There's a guest bathroom next to my room at the end of the hall and to the right. That's Neah's room." He says pointing across from my door.

I gazed at her room door and nodded. Sweet.

"Cool. Thanks."

"Also, dinner is at nine always. I already made dinner since Neah has late classes tonight and you were a far distance. If you're hungry, I'll do you the honors of reheating some leftovers."

"I'm not hungry, but thanks."

He gave me a slight nod and I watched him walk down the hall and take a left. I stepped into my room and eased the door closed. It's coated an orange and blue.

There's a king size bed with a window looking down at the bed. There's a blue drawer and two bedside drawers. Simple, but good. And it's free of charge. I set my bag on the bed and took a seat.

I sighed, looking straight ahead. There's a body mirror. "Hell yeah." I got up and took my shirt off. I flexed and nodded. "Hell yeah." I spun around, getting a good look of the red dragon tattoo on my back. Neah always told me, "You're too obsessed with yourself, it's not good."

It's good to be obsessed with how your body looks. I went back over to the bed and laid down. My eyes ventured to the ceiling, looking out the window that displayed the dark blue sky. I need a smoke already.

~