Chapter Thirty

Within the hour, Cazador was back. My newly broken bones were numbed by the freezing temperature of the cell floor, but the pain was still there. Every footstep of his sent shivers of dread down my spine. I had tried using my healing spells on my injuries, but the exhaustion I felt had my magic fizzling into thin air. 

"What a good pup," Cazador cooed down at me. "Waiting so patiently for my return." With a flick of his hand, Cazador mended my bones, but the way they snapped back together was as painful as having them broken. I writhed on the floor, holding my breath, refusing to scream. 

"Where are our manners, drow?" He kicked me, roughly, in the stomach. I coughed to the point of vomiting all over his tailored slippers. Still, I wouldn't thank him for healing what I knew he was planning on breaking again. I shuffled away from him, tucking my arms into my sides to shield myself from any more blows. When I stood and shifted into my natural defensive position, Cazador eyed me up and down, as if deciding if I would make a good meal. 

 "I won't go down without a fight," I said, curling my hands into fists. The spell he had cast on me not only healed my bones but had given me a boost of energy as well. It felt like a shot of adrenaline straight to my bloodstream. 

"Hmmm." Cazador continued to stare thoughtfully. He put a hand on his chin and stepped back from me, putting a few feet between us. "I've just had the most splendid idea, little one. Care to hear?" 

I said nothing but did not lower my fists. I felt my magic fluttering under my skin, and I was ready to use it on this monster. I remembered that not only was my life in danger - but Astarion's as well. My entire group of friends. All of Baldur's Gate. If Cazador was truly controlling the tadpoles in our minds, there was no telling what he could do to all of us. 

"When our little star returns, and he will return," Cazador explained, "I will complete the rite and become all powerful. Unparalleled. The world will bow at my feet. My spawn will be no more, and neither will the souls they've collected for me." 

"The souls ... you mean, all those people you had Astarion hunt down, you still have them here?" I questioned. 

"Correct. My, my, so bright!" Cazador smiled at me, fangs bared. "Thousands and thousands of spawn, here in my dungeon, alive to serve me."

Gods, the though made me sick. All those innocents, not even given the mercy of death, but stuck here for hundreds of years to rot and starve. 

"When all is over, I'll need someone to serve me. Someone to complete my bidding." Cazador stepped closer, his smiler growing wider. I had a terrible feeling he was talking about me. 

"Yes! You've already discovered the answer for yourself. You aren't as stupid as the rest of them, darling, no, you're special." 

"You will not use me to hurt people," I growled at him. Flicking my hands, I sent rays of lightning into his chest, sending Cazador flying backwards into the cell wall. I moved in closer, keeping my hands at the ready, waiting for his next move. 

"Wretched girl!" Cazador roared, gripping the wall to hold himself up. "Do you forget that I control you? I am your master. I command you to stay silent!" 

Something in my brain shifted and as I opened my mouth to retort, no sound came out. I tried again to speak. I screamed, pushing the air out of my lungs, but still, nothing. 

"Good girl. Now, as I was saying," Cazador continued. "I will need someone to perform tasks for me. You, my pet, will be given this honor." 

I lunged forward, swinging my fist at his angled face. When my blow hit its mark, Cazador fell backwards once again, and his staff fell from his hands. I reached for it, fingers barely gripping the handle before Cazador backhanded me across the cheek, knocking me back. He held firm onto his staff and stood straight, gasping and sputtering curses. 

"Be still!" He shouted. 

I was stuck, unmoving. Shit shit shit. Cazador smiled once again, pleased with my obedience. 

"You will be my spawn, little drowling," he murmured, leaning in close. I could smell the cherry musk on his clothes with how near he was, and it made my stomach sink. His freezing hands traced along my arms and try as I might, I couldn't break free of his command. Cazador's nose grazed my jaw and I wanted to scream. What was he going to do with me?

"You're being such a good girl," he hummed, lips against the skin of my neck. He kissed me there, lips foreign and cold. Goosebumps prickled my flesh and tears fell from my eyes. I was still bruised there from Astarion and my lovemaking last night - when he had bitten me hard enough to draw blood. Then, it had been arousing, now, I wanted nothing more than to escape. 

Cazador bit down, hard. He drank and drank, slurping and smacking his lips, drying me out so quickly that darkness began to blur my vision. When he pulled away, my blood covered his mouth and ran down his chin, and he smiled, showing off his red fangs. 

"Now," He stared into my eyes. "You are mine." 

Whatever he had done to me was working. My eyes burned and the world was beginning to turn upside down with how sick I felt. I closed my eyes and felt him release the spell of holding on me so I could sink to the ground and curl into a ball. 

The clicking of his boots and the smell of blood lulled me to sleep.