Chapter 64 - The Beautiful Queen

COURTNEY'S POV

"You fought my battles, let me fight your battles too. No matter the outcome, I'll be here to help you overcome it."

I kept hearing Chad's encouraging words repeated in my head like a mantra. His words gave me the confidence to face my past and confront the things that had been holding me back.

In this case, Jeremy.

In all fairness to Chad, he didn't push me to do this. He simply gave me the idea and allowed me to make my own decision. He also told me that it was my choice to make the changes I wanted in my life.

But this time, he promised to stay by my side throughout the process. He truly supported me and showed true care and understanding. Look at what he did. He even went the extra mile to find out where Jeremy lives for me.

He really and truly cares about me.

I couldn't help but feel more and more in love with him.

And the more it sinks in, the more I want to be the best version of myself, not just for me, but for him too.

Yes, at this point, I really wanted to tell him all my feelings, but I wanted to start fresh. This time, no more guilt and secrets to hide. I want to be proud of who I am, without fear or shame weighing me down.

So, I knew the first thing I had to do before I could express my feelings was to feel good about myself. I had to make sure I was in a place of self-love and acceptance before I could truly open up to him. I had to make peace with my past and forgive myself for the mistakes I had made.

I needed to work on myself and make sure I was in a good place before giving all of me to him again.

Only then could I tell him how much I loved him and start over with a clean slate.

So with that, I decided to walk straight up to Jeremy's house and face him all by myself.

I rang the doorbell, and I could feel my heart racing as I waited for him to answer.

When the door finally opened, I saw the look of surprise on Jeremy's face. He was clearly shocked to see me there.

Well, in all honesty, never in a million years did I think I would do something like this, apologizing. I did not even think I would stand on the doorstep of someone I messed up with and try to make amends.

Overall, it felt so... satisfying. Even if the outcome won't be as positive, I knew I had done the right thing, and that was enough for me.

"Hello, Jeremy." I let out a small smile, proud of myself for having the courage to speak up.

Step one is done!

"Courtney Collins? What the hell are you doing here?" His voice was a mixture of disbelief and irritated. He closed the door behind him and looked around the patio, taking in the sight of me standing there.

His eyes were wide and his face twisted in annoyance as he tried to make sense of the situation.

Honestly, I don't remember how he really looked like before. I only saw him two or three times at school, but one thing's for sure, he didn't look so stressed out like this. He always smiled whenever we crossed paths and he seems to be a jolly person, too.

It's such a shame thinking I may have made him like this.

"I'm here to apologize for all the things I did to you. I'm so sorry for putting you in such a difficult situation." I said each words with a heavy heart and regret in my voice.