t h i r t y - o n e

After Minho hung up on Jisung he had received a notification coming from Victor. Once Minho opened the chat, he couldn't believe his eyes.

V

I found Felix at Hwang Hyunjin's place. These are the photos I took.
Sample 3x photos.

Minho's expression gave away his disbelief upon going through the photos and zooming in to make sure it was his brother Felix who had his back against Hyunjin's chest.

He closed his eyes in an attempt to calm himself down, he exhaled before gritting his teeth. Turns out he failed and was now furious at his brother's betrayal. Minho threw his phone across the room while gripping onto his hair, trying not to break anything valuable in his room through the rage he was experiencing.

"While I was executing the plan you were fucking around with the CEO?! Behind my back too?!" Minho yelled out

His body trembled with rage, as he sat down bouncing his leg up and down. His hands intertwined as he rested them on his thighs while putting them against his forehead once again, attempting to calm himself down.

"Younger brother... Seems like I have been too gentle with you."

Minho gritted his teeth, getting up to take his now cracked phone in his hands. He called Victor, telling him to resume looking into Felix's activities.

"Act like we don't know anything for now Minho. It's for the best. We need more evidence to prove that Felix has been avoiding the plan." Victor stated

Minho just hung up on him, unable to control his anger any longer. "He's making me pack his luggage while having an affair? Jesus what an awesome brother I have." Minho scoffed "And he's been keeping it a secret from me while I was struggling to find mother on my own? Why did he even offer to help me if he was going to have fun instead?!"

"The enemy is always close Minho-yah."

His father's words flashed through his head, just before his tantrum had started. "God, shut up, shut up! You ruined everything father, shut up!" Minho yelled as he pushed the vaise off the table, shattering it.

Seven years ago...

"I know my father has been an awful person, he left my mother and I when I was just ten years old. That's also when my mother couldn't look at me the same anymore since I resembled my father in her eyes. She left me inside the orphanage where I had to fend for myself. It felt like hell to be in there, yet I remained eager to find her. Knowing how much my father had traumatized my mother, I realized that she had no choice but to get rid of me." Minho said

Felix listened carefully to his adopted brother, wanting to help him by all means. "Do you still want to find your mother?"

Minho nodded. "I had never given up on finding her, but it's hard to do it all on my own. I don't have any leads, all I know is that she had another son after me with a man she met at work."

"Do we know who the son is?" Felix asked

"The only lead I have so far, is that he works at The Golden Hotel." Minho sighed

"You mean the most expensive hotel in Korea?" Felix's eyes widened "There's no way we can get in there!"

"I have a plan, but you have to listen carefully. I need us both to be employees at that hotel, in order to find my other brother."

Felix nodded, listening carefully to Minho's plan. "I'll be the first one to get a job inside the hotel, I'll work there for a few years. Don't get a job until someone suggests the hotel to you, that someone will most likely be someone close to you at that time, trying to help you get a job while you pretend it's hard for you to do so. In the meantime, I'll try to gather more clues. Don't be suspicious when the time comes and don't by any chance mess things up."

Felix remained silent for a moment before saying: "Don't worry, I'll help you find both your mother and half brother. But you have to promise me one thing."

"Which is?"

"That you'll remain my brother even after finding them."

"I promise."

*

Minho sat in front of Chan, getting interviewed for his job.

"What are your goals if you were to get the job?" Chan asked with a calm expression on his face

"My goal is to provide The Golden Hotels visitors easier access, as well as learning new tactics to advance my abilities which is what my position asks for. I'd work hard to get everything done in time and to advance the hotel's sales." Minho replied

"Interestingly, I haven't heard someone talk so confidently in quite some time." Chan smiled which Minho returned

End of flashback.

"Calm down Minho, maybe it isn't the way it seems. Maybe Felix had just fallen in love by accident? Even so, why keep it a secret from me who shared everything with him?" Minho clenched his jaw "This is so frustrating. I don't even know what to do anymore."

Minho then looked up at the clock noticing how it's 1am already. He decided to take some pills to calm himself down and headed to bed so that he could wake up early in the morning.

~🐈‍⬛~

Author J