o n e

First person pov.

After I graduated college, I imagined my life differently. I thought I would have a job right now, some friends to hang out with and a uniform but I was far from any of that at the moment. I spend my days applying on different jobs, in hopes of getting a positive feedback or a secure place to work at. Money has been short lately and since I live alone, my parents have been supporting me. It makes me feel bad that they still have to look out for me, who's now an adult and has been one for a long time.

I woke up early this morning, as I always do. I lifted my head out of the covers of my bed to look at the time, it was 06:30 am.

'Gosh, what am I up so early for?'

I lazily got up from bed and walked up to my bathroom, as I looked into the mirror I once again saw no change. My hair was messy and my face was puffy as it is every morning. I've been having trouble sleeping lately so this is nothing out of the ordinary. I constantly toss and turn in my bed with hopes that once I close my eyes I'll rest.

Once I took a shower I quickly put on my favorite hoodie and sweatpants before walking back into my room, opening my laptop. I brushed my hand against my face, desperately trying to keep myself awake before returning back to my daily activity which was finding a job.

I went through multiple articles and applied to each one, without much hope this time. I see myself as someone with good potential so why can't others see that? Do I think too highly of myself or do they think too low of me? I couldn't have the answer to that.

A few moments later I heard my phone buzzing on the bed, quickly picking it up.

"Felix, how are you doing?" - asked Young-seo

Young-seo is currently my only friend, which also makes her my closest friend. We met in high school, back when I was just a teen with zero plans in life. You could say that I was one of the "popular guys" in school, which I began to hate at some point.

"I'm good, you?" - I answered dryly as my eyes were still fixated on the screen of my laptop

"Have you had breakfast?"

"Not yet, it's too early. I'll have something later though."

I heard her sigh, "Eat on time, okay? I'll come over once I finish work."

I hummed and ended the call, before closing my laptop. I got up to stretch a bit before walking towards the kitchen to get something to eat. Now I didn't have much appetite but I had to force it onto myself, not wanting to worry anyone.

I took a bowl of cereal placing it on the table before taking a seat, it took me a few minutes to start eating since I kept getting distracted but I finally managed. I usually eat while watching something so that routine is still ongoing. I pulled my phone out to watch some videos before closing it and returning back to my room.

I layed back down onto my bed, sighing. I wasn't satisfied with how my life was, I'm still not. I'm desperately trying to change something but I feel like the change is avoiding me in my tracks. I keep walking the same path whilst reaching the same exit. I was getting annoyed at this point, though I tried to calm myself down once I heard the door open.

"There you are." - said Young-seo

"Hi." - I looked up at her whilst lifting my arm a bit which was previously layed on my forehead

"What are you in the mood for? I brought some food for you."

"I just ate, so nothing?" - I laughed

She sighed, "Alright, I'll leave the food on the table for you. Wait for me here."