the fire still burns even after the war is over

* the team make their way through the burning city of rubble all struggling to breathe through the smoke and fire, Logan put's Alex down to check he is still breathing*// Logan- we'll head to the water and we'll wait for people to see the smoke and come looking for survivors// Bobby- that can take days// Logan- it won't be that long, this place is a ball of fire and they have burned the bodies of evidence// Erik- we gotta keep moving, this way is quicker * they make their way through the smoke for over 2 hours and end up at a small beach by the water, Logan put's Alex down*// Logan- Bobby you put out the fire around us out as much as you can't but don't over do it okay// Bobby- okay// Logan- Erik go with him * Kitty is checking Alex's vitals as she sees bleeding to his head and his stomach, Bobby and Erik leave*// Logan- he's real weak// Kitty- he's fine, he's gonna make it * her eyes well up*// Logan- Pyrde// Kitty- SHUT UP LOGAN! He's gonna make it! you hear? he's gonna be fine and he's gonna see his brother * Logan's face is downcast as Kitty pulls out bandages from the backpack and patches him up as best she can*// Kitty- he's gonna be fine, we're all going home and this place is gone but we're all gonna be fine  * she is kneeling by Alex as tears spill from her eyes* we're all gonna be fine// Logan- Pryde! * she looks at him tears streaming down her face*// Logan- it's not looking good baby * she shakes her head and sobs* I didn't do my job as a leader* Kitty wipes the blood of  Alex's forehead as the team return*// Bobby- what're we gonna do?* Logan's face is twisted in anger and loss*// Erik- Logan// Logan- I don't know anymore * all 4 of them sit down and next to Alex, the sky darkens as the smoke fills the air from the burning city as Logan checks Alex's pulse, everyone looks at him*// Logan- we got one hell of a fighter on our hands * Kitty sighs being thankful that Alex is still holding on*we got incoming too, look lively * they all look around as Logan is stood up looking at the incoming of jets in the far distance*// Erik- are they on our side?// Logan- time will tell * they all stand nervously waiting for the jets to land*// Kitty- that's shield// Bobby- you're kidding? * jet's fly over head as a few hover over them as they shield their eyes from the sand blowing around as the jet lands as everyone stands around before agents rush out, everything is a blur as Logan is leading medics to Alex and agents are leading everyone inside the jet as Alex is taken on a stretcher and everyone is taken to the jet as Logan is talking to the agents, Kitty is watching Logan as a medic is talking to her and she doesn't hear*// Erik- we're fine * the medic leaves as Logan glances at Kitty before walking away*// agent- here * she hands out water to everyone as they take it and drink, the jet takes off as Kitty stares into space as all the agents run back and forth talking to Logan, an hour later Logan walks to everyone*// Logan- Alex isn't outta the woods yet but medics are doing all they can to stable him. no word on Bishop but the others are under shield protection as much as possible. we need to get back ad track down Stryker and this Trask guy and find out where they are hiding Bishop*// Erik- we need to rest Wolverine, we have not yet returned * Logan looks at Erik* just let us rest, we'll get Bishop back but let the team rest*//* Logan glances at his team beaten up, bloody and covered in sweat and ash as he nods and walks away*// Bobby- he can'r expect us to be ready for another fight * Kitty looks at him annoyed*// Kitty- what so we just leave him to it alone then? let us have 3-5 days to recover yeah? * Kitty gets up annoyed*// Erik- sit down Kitty// Kitty- shut up * she walks away to the back of the jet as Logan sits in a seat and looks up at her she sits beside him*// Kitty- you look a little lost// Logan- that's because I am// Kitty- the team are exhausted and just as hopeless as you, but I'm ready for another fight// Logan- yeah?// Kitty- yeah... I'll follow you anywhere * he hums smirking as they both sit side by side, faces close to one another but head's resting on the backs of the seats as he moves a stray piece of hair out of her face, both of them look exhausted and drained*// Kitty- we'll make a plan when we're back. I'm with you always// Logan- I know, I'll get onto the Pr see if he can track anything and we'll get ready to head back out when we have a hit// Kitty- okay. should we check on Alex// Logan- give it awhile he has all sorts going on it's best to give the medics space to work * Kitty nods as Logan leans back sighing and closing his eyes as Kitty leans against his arm and closes her eyes too, before long she drifts off to sleep*