in the wake of the aftermath

* TRIGGER WARNING FOR SELF HARM*

* Kitty and Storm are packing their bags together*// Kitty- you know what sucks, having long hair and having to be on the run// Storm- we can change that// Kitty- how so * storm looks through a draw and pulls out some scissors and cocks an eyebrow as Kitty smiles at her*// Storm- shall we?// Kitty- okay * Kitty sit's on a chair as Storm stands behind her*// Storm- how short// Kitty- you chose * storm begins to Cut Kitty's hair as Kitty braces herself for the outcome, after a short while Storm sits in the seat*// Kitty- how short//Storm- a pixie cut// Kitty- you're trusting me to do that, really?// Storm- I trust you * Kitty sighs as she cuts her hair and they both take a shower and put on their suits and pack their rucksacks in silence before Kitty turns to see Storm with tears in her eyes and they stare at one another and Kitty embraces her in a tight hug as Storm let's out heartbreaking sobs*// Kitty- we got to do this, but we will do it together come on// Storm- I am so scared// Kitty- and that is normal to feel, we got a job to do and nobody else to do it * they pull apart and Kitty wipes storms tears looking into her eyes* but we're gonna do it because we are not backing down// Storm- what if we don't come back alive * Kitty pauses as her expression changes to emotionless*// Kitty- that ain't gonna happen, we're hard to kill you know that * she attempts to smile as the door opens and Warren walks in and Storm rushes to him and they embrace as Warren whispers words of reassurance and Kitty watches them as the team walk in and her heart hurts with jealousy as Storm and Warren kiss one another and Kitty looks at Logan who is emotionless and then down upset knowing that they can never be like that then she walks out the door trying to hide her upset as she rushes down the hallway and Logan calls out to her but she keeps walking and he grabs her arm*// Logan- what's wrong?// Kitty- nothing// Logan- what is wrong?! * she glares up at him*// Kitty- you are * she shoves him* I'm never gonna get to have what they have with you! we're never gonna be able to kiss and hold hands and go out on dates and just be a normal couple. I'm never gonna have that// Logan- but you could have that with someone else, don't wait around for me// Kitty- but I am! I'm sat here waiting for you to change your mind, I'm wasting my life waiting on you and you're never gonna love me the way that I love you * he looks at her taken back by what she has just said his face is a mix of shock and fear are on his face before he looks away his face showing confusion and then upset as Kitty looks at him with pleading eyes as she sees his refusal to look at her and her eyes well up as she turns around and rushes off as tears stream down her face and she puts a hand over her mouth to stop herself from making any noise as she rushes outside the palace and leans against a wall as she sobs uncontrollably and sits there numb as tears roll down her face as she sits there for an hour before Storm comes out calling her and she stands up wiping her tears and walks to meet her*// Storm- there you are, are you okay * Kitty hums as she hides her face and walks and Storm follows her*// Storm- Kitty, what is it// Kitty- nothing I'm good, what's the plan// Storm- briefing, radios then we're gonna light this place up// Kitty- sounds like a plan * they walk to the others as they all get a radio and some weapons and Kitty looks downcast trough it all as they put supplies in their bag and Kitty sees 2 lighters on the side and she takes them and puts them in her bag knowing what she was gonna use them for*// Bishop- we're gonna head into town in one of the trucks okay? you all have your radios and supplies * they all nod and walk outside and get into a Truck as Bishop uses his powers to shoot at the palace as a small fire starts he get's into the drivers seat and drives everyone off* 

* Kitty is in her own head as night is falling and they drive for a couple of hours into the burning city, they all get out of the truck walk in through the town before finding an old office building and entering it*// Bishop- we make camp for the night then we will decide what to do next * they all set up a little fire as Kitty sit's at, the others take and she just looks into the fire feeling a lot of negative feelings as they all eat and talk. Kitty is silent and looking very downcast*// Warren- Kit, are you okay?// Kitty- yeah, I'll take first watch * she get's up*// Bishop- are you sure?// Kitty- yeah I got this * she stands up and walks to the far end of the office up some stairs to the 2nd floor and then sits on the floor by some tables and the boarded up windows looking out at the city in ruins as helicopters with searchlights look around in the far distance*