The broken bat

* it's early evening as Kitty returns from a mission and strolls from the hanger of the mansion and Logan is waiting there with a straight face*\\ Logan- all alright?// Kitty- yeah all went smoothly// Logan- you hungry?// Kitty- yeah, what you thinking?// Logan- the only place you always pick// Kitty- ' McDonald? Can I change into pjs first?// Logan- course, I'll heat the car up * he walks off and she smiles her Changed and gets into his new range drover as she's admiring the car*\\Kitty- okay look at you with the new wheels, a bit fancy to be going to a drive thru don't you think? * he smirks looking at her as he drives out of the garage and out of the gates* an hour later they drive back Logan turns the engine off and turns to her*\\ Logan- sure you're okay?// Kitty- I mean, I'm super stressed sand overwhelmed  but I'm okay * she smiles at him* are you okay// Logan- alwyas * he sighs snd they get out of the car and walk upto the mansion and too their rooms Logan puts his arm around Kitty pulls her in and kisses her head*// Logan- night Pryde// Kitty- night Logan * she turns into bed and through through the night Logan pounds on her door she opens her eyes to him yelling she gets up and opens the door half asleep*\\ Kitty- Logan it's 11 in the night I've pulled an all-nighter// Logan- get dressed and get in the car now! I think Bruce needs your help now// Kitty- what do you mean just tell me// Logan- get in the car Kitty move * she throws on a pair of jogging bottoms and her shoes in her hand she runs off with Logan and they get in the car*\\ Kitty- tell me please you're scaring me * she's putting her shoes on as Logan is speeding* LOGAN!!// Logan- Batman is over the news and just got taken out by Bane m, he took a bear down Kit he looked like he was in a lot of pain, he's gonna need you just trust me on this// Kitty- when you say beat down?// Logan- he lost the fight Pryde he got beat within an inch of his life and it's all over the news, Bruce had gone looking for him for round 2 and I don't think a human can take another round with that wrecking machine, he needs you. We can't get involved but batgirl can// Kitty- I didn't know you cared about my father so much// Logan- he's important to you, that makes him important it me * her eyes go wide in shocked she lowers her gaze suppressing a smile then snaps into focus and calls the house phone but no answer, she watches the video circling online and she can't watch it as she turns her phone off and looks aside biting her nails * Logan is speeding but looks aside and takes the hand she's chewing snd bikes it she looks aside at him as he looks at her then the road as tears threaten to spill as they phase through the gates and make their way down to the cave*// Kitty- ALFRED!! BRUCE!// Alfred-in here miss Kitty * she walks down the stairs to see Bruce covered in bruises and Alfred stitching his chest*\\ Kitty- dad * she looks upset as he softly smiles at her*\\ Bruce-kitty * she hugs him as he gasps and hugs her back* what're you doing here * she pulls back looking at him teary eyed* I'm fine * his eyes are already turning black and his lip, eye and nose have deep gashes in them as she looks around*// Kitty- Logan told me what hairier why the bell didn't  you call me// Bruce- Logan I appreciate the concern but I am okay * Kitty walks ti the first aid kit and gets some supplies as she starts to clean his face concentrating as she does*\\ Kitty- you can't go back out there no chance * his face is stern as he watches her and then looks to Alfred putting s plaster over his freshly stitched chest*// Bruce- this isn't up for debate and I think you know that// Kitty- so rest for a day and let me take over\\ Bruce- you aren't supposed to be doing this, you already have a demanding job and you have shifts for shield// Kitty- in the nicest way, shut up. This isn't up for debate// Bruce- you can come but I'm in charge here// Logan- like father like daughter * Bruce smiles proudly as Kitty smiles looking down then continues to clean the blood, once his wounds are stitched he applies his own bandages and puts in his suit as Kitty changes*\\ Kitty- you can leave if you want// Bruce- or you could stay, who knows you could learn a few things Wolverine * Logan lifts a brow*\\ Logan- now wouldn't they be something, I'll stay. Just incase you need me// Bruce- c'mon Kit * they get into the Batmobile and drive off*\\ Bruce- he's like a little puppy isn't he// Kitty-Bruce shut up!// Bruce- no I mean, he's always there for you whatever you need doing his best for you. I like him, and I like the way he is with you. You don't find men like him anymore// Kitty- probably because he's over 300 years old// Bruce- you're kidding? What?// Kitty- I'm serious pops * Bruce pulls a face and repeatedly looks at her in disbelief*\\ Kitty- let's stop trying to play matchmaker now shall we snd fill me in on tonight's events including you getting your ass best by a fridge on steroids// Bruce- he's different... he's stronger I don't know how I'm gonna need blood samples and run some genetics testing because this should be impossible*\\ Kitty- do some hoe this genetically engineered hulk on roids has new venom not only stopping his pain and injuries but also making him stronger// Bruce- theoretically speaking yes. We're gonna need to cut that supply and send him into withdrawal// Kitty- and what's the plan bars? Assuming you have a plan// Bruce- intercept his next stop form the shadows, cut the supply with a batterang, rip those tubes out and administer a tranquilizer so he isn't in too much pain. I'm tracking him but I don't understand the plan or the motive * kitty touches the screen to a view of a street camera and banes walking up to Arkham as he hits the camera they are viewing and the screen goes blank and Kitty sighs deeply*\\ Kitty- he's going to free someone or take the place down * Bruce is looking angry at the road * we need Nightwing// Bruce-*coms* Alfred, call dick please, we need him * Bruce looks at kitty stern and then she uses the touch screen to try and get other cameras on Arkham but they're all down*