Forever - Soap [M]

Your tears echoed throughout the room you slept in, pressing your face against the already stained with sadness pillow which you'd have to sleep on tonight. Trying your best to take deep breaths only made you feel a lot worse. Your boyfriend had broken up with you yesterday as he had found someone new, and with you being in the military surrounded by a lot of other men, he didn't trust you fully enough not to cheat. Turns out he was the one seeking other partners and not you, which completely broke you even more.

Clenching the soft, feathery material wasn't uncommon when you cried, but it happened so often that the feathers weren't even travelling to that spot anymore. You knew you couldn't keep crying. If he didn't trust you, it was easily his fault and you weren't in the wrong.

Sitting up, you took a big breath and wiped your tears with your hoodie sleeve. Slipping out of bed and putting some bottoms on, you walked out of your room with hood up head down to try hide your stained face.

It was going to be your fifth anniversairy. The New Years was even more special for you with your ex, but now it was only going to hurt more. The memories of celebrations you had together left a permenant mark on you as another tear rolled down your cheek, leaving a droplet to fall from your chin.

Opening up the kitchen doors, you go to the coffee maker and turn it on. A good, hot coffee will give you some energy, then you could train in the gym to become even better than you ever were. A perfect plan for tonight - fight the feelings away as you always did.

Pouring the coffee into a mug, you put milk and a sweetener in then drank almost half of it in a few seconds, putting the mug down and leaning on the counter. The marble surface barely reflected your face, but you managed to see it crystal clear. Your red and puffy eyes, your tear stains and your slightly quivering lip all under the shadow of your hood. Your eyes closed and you took a large sigh.

The doors opened, but your brain never registered it. Until you heard the voice of one of your friends.

"Ay lad, what're you doin' up so late?"

Soap was your best friend in the task force - you two were the closest out of everyone. He had comforted you through everything and had to reassure you several times that your ex loved you when you were together. He didn't know you two had broken up, but he was about to.

Your head shot round and his eyes immediately widened as he rushed over. You spun round to face him as his hands rested on your arms gently caressing them.

"What's happened?" he asks, and you explained everything through soft sobs. His eyes never went from you and he never stopped comforting you as you told him everything that happened. He took you into his embrace and rubbed your back, hugging you tightly. Your arms wrapped around his torso and your face buried into the crook of his neck, letting a cold tear slither down it.

"Oh darlin' I'm so sorry I weren't there..." he whispers as one of his hands travels to the back of your head, rubbing it gently. Your cheeks began to slowly flare up. Wait, why were you blushing?

He's your best friend, you must've not heard him right. he didn't call you...darling, did he? And caressing your back and your head is something...a friend does, right? You swallow and hum softly, making Soap let out a gentle 'aw'.

Then, you felt his lips press against the top of your head. Ever so gently yet you felt it throughout your body. You then felt his heartbeat increase.

"Sorry lad I...I didn't know what I did there-"

"It's fine. I don't mind..." you replied, cutting him off with a soft smile and clinging to him tighter. You felt his heartbeat slow down slightly as he chuckled softly and planted another kiss on the top of your head. This time, it was slightly more confident and only brought your face to glow more pink. He tilted your head up and you could see a spark in his eyes, along with a pink face much like yours and a smile on his lips.

Why were you feeling like this for your best friend? The tension of the eye contact made you gulp softly and bite your cheek nervously. His hand wrapped around your cheek and wiped any remaining tears off your face, he then leant in. And you didn't stop him. A kiss, the one that changed your relationship with Soap. Forever.