Assistance - Konig [F]

Having a crush on your commander was a living hell.

Especially as you see Konig everywhere.

In the mess hall, in every meeting catching your eye by his large, muscular frame taking up the entire seat, even just passing by in the corridors he was there. It were as if you two were the north and south pole of a magnet uniting together any chance given.

From seeing him so often, your feelings for him grew. Despite not having a proper conversation, you learnt a lot about him. That he liked his coffee black and his toast with butter and slightly crispy, that he usually goes to the gym at a late hour at night and gets breakfast around five hours later - you were unsure if he even slept at all.

But, even so, you knew you had some form of crush on the man. Every time your eyes met, a rush electrified your body like a lightning bolt struck upon you. Plus, being one of his recruits, he makes sure you are happy with any training and he pushes you to your limit. Praising you if you did something well only made your crush grow larger like a parasite infecting your body.

Your hands were wrapped around a pistol in the firing range, sweat dripping from your temples and eyes squinted trying their best to focus on the target in front of you, about thirty metres away with not one single bullet on the outline of the body. You positioned your arms straight ahead, like metal rods, and aligned your sight with the tip of the gun ahead of you, pointing towards the target.

A squeeze of the trigger, a sound of a bullet muffled by your headphones and another shot off to the side.

You sigh and put your gun on the small wooden table, leaning on it and dropping your head, wondering if you were even built for KorTac when you could barely hit a target. You were best at physical defense, but by instruction of your commander, you had to be exceeding in firearms as well to be able to go on official missions, which is something you really wished to do.

A sweat bead dropped onto the wood and heavy breathing came from your lips, your eyelids sealing shut and trying to relax. The feeling of hopelessness blanketed you like an itchy jumper, irritating every nerve you had.

You got pulled out of your thoughts as you heard the door open and a presence linger behind you, raising your head and looking around your side to see the bottom half of a torso in a tight, grey shirt. A tilt upward made you see the makeshift sniper hood and the glint of your commander looking down at you with his arms folded and chest seemingly puffed out. He looked like a giant, towering over you like you were timid and weak - a blush crept onto your cheeks.

"It's quite late. Why are you here?" Konig asks in a scolding tone, you turned around properly and leaned on the wooden table, looking up at the man only a couple of feet away from you. He seemed concerned for you as you checked your phone, seeing it was two in the morning. A gasp left your lips.

"I got lost in the moment, didn't realise it was so late. Sorry, sir, here let me-" you began to collect the items on the table before he held his hand out and shook his head.

"No, no. Let me see your firing, please." his Austrian accent echoed through your mind like a ping pong ball as you nodded, putting your items down and grabbing the pistol once more and doing the same procedure for what seemed to be forever, straightening your arms and aligning your eyesight with the barrel of the pistol. You once again pull the trigger and it manages to hit the target board, but nowhere within the body perimeter.

Your shoulders drop and you lower the gun. A hum rumbled from behind you, sending ripples through your body like an earthquake.

"Take stance again." he commands, you follow without any complaint. "Hold your position, soldier."

He bends down behind you and looks through where your vision was and hummed once more. Then, you felt his hand slither up your body, his fingertips running across your arms and reaching your hands, slightly adjusting how you gripped the gun and pulling your arms closer to your chest, letting them relax a bit. His chest was against your back and you felt his breath, even through the hood, against your neck. He felt warm yet tough, just like how you thought he would.

"Relax your arms like this, there we go..." he whispers in your ear, letting your whole body relax. You just wanted to lean into him and let his hands go anywhere but your arms at this point.

His fingertips then move from your forearm to your chin, moving your head slightly.

"Don't look directly down, just do this." Konig's head turns to you and a smile is traced in his whisper, showing his support for you. If only he knew that he was the only thing supporting you, with your legs almost ready to collapse from his touch.

Your cheeks blazed a hot pink as he removed his touch but still stood beside you, manoeuvring his hands on your waist and repositioning your stance to be more towards a side angle, his fingertips digging into your flesh and gently caressing it, letting them linger before releasing them. He moved to your feet and shifted them slightly before crouching next to you and putting one of his hands on the small of your back, caressing his thumb on it.

"Now, fire, schatz." he whispered, making you do as he said immediately.

A headshot, in the centre of the target's forehead.

He stood fully and looked down at you, the corners of his eyes creased to show a gentle smile of pride. You looked up at him, blushing hardly and a grin. A small chuckle left your lips of disbelief.

"I knew you could do it. Same time tomorrow, go get some rest now." he announced, taking the leftover ammo you had and putting everything away, with you passing him your gun and taking your items and walking towards the door.

"Alright sir, see you tomorrow. Goodnight!"

"Have a good sleep, you seemed very nervous, is it the lack of sleep?" A chuckle left his lips as you stopped in your tracks, slightly embarrassed. Trying to find any sort of responce, he hummed in amusement of your reaction.

"I'll let it pass this once. Goodnight, liebe." he finished putting the guns away and walked in your direction, brushing his fingertips on the small of your back, letting them rest for a few seconds - with you still frozen in place - and looking back before leaving the room, a chuckle being heard as he walked down the hall to his quarters for the night.