✨PJO Rant✨

Hey guys! So, Percy Jackson and the Olympians just came out on Disney+, and the first 4 episodes are out. No one else in my family has read the books, and none of my friends are big on the series either, so I thought I'd rant to you guys. 🥰 This is mostly just a brain dump, so ya. Please comment your thoughts and opinions if you have seen it. 

THIS DOES CONTAIN SPOILERS! OBVIOUSLY!

EPISODE 1

First thing, the casting of younger Percy is the MOST PERFECT CASTING I've ever seen. I think Walker Scobell is an awesome actor, and I loved him in the Adam Project. 

I love the actor for Grover. 

MMMMMMMM I feel kinda iffy about the whole 'pushing' Nancy into the fountain thing. In the book, it is described as the water 'reaching out and grabbing her' or smth. In the show, it looks like telekinesis, but ya. 

The design for Alecto/ Mrs.Dodds is awesome!

WHY DID GROVER SNITCH?????? I do not like this change at all. I'm sorry. It breaks all the trust between Percy and Grover, and it makes their relationship after the fact much more strained. In the book, Grover is literally Percy's only friend starting out, and getting your friend expelled, I don't see how that would be easy for Percy to forgive. I guess I can see their reasoning of them needing Percy away from the school, and it could be an interesting relationship arc, but we'll see. 

Idk, but Gabe just doesn't seem abusive enough? Idk, he doesn't give off the same vibes. It was entertaining watching his and Percy's convo though. 

Maybe I'm nitpicking, but in the book, Sally is basically a doormat. This is an important detail, because while she hates being with Gabe, she feels like she needs to to protect Percy. In the series, she fights with Gabe, VERY loudly, which makes it seem like Percy wouldn't feel as emotionally connected to her, because it seems like its making it worse?

OOOOOOHHHHHH KRONOS!

Haha "Why do you have half a goat in your pants?" 

I liked the fight scene between the Minotaur and Percy. 

Overall, I think maybe 8/10?

EPISODE 2

This one is probably my favorite episode yet.

"You drool when you sleep." 

AAAHHH the convo between Percy and Mr. D! XD

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I don't like the actor for Luke. His expression literally never changes! There's no emotion!

I like Clarisse though. :)

Lol hitting Clarisse in the face with toilet water

Idk, smth just feels off with Annabeth. I kinda imagined her smiling more? Not just saying vauge, unhelpful things.

LOL PERCY FLOSSING ON THE CLIFFFFFF!

This fight scene! YES!

Overall, it was really funny, liked Percy trying out all the different things. I'd say 9/10.

EPISODE 3

"ShE mEt A pInEcOnEs FaTe"

Not a fan of how bossy Annabeth is, but I get it.

"Does this smell sacred to you?" 

AWWWW I saw a post about the scene where Annabeth is buying the candy. She said she was going to buy chips and soda, but she wants to seem cool and fit in, so she gets the candy. She doesnt know what color they like, so she gets all of them. 😭😭😭😭😭😭 K, Annabeth is growing on me. :)

I really like how they changed Medusa's character to be more accurate to the myths. LOVE the actor. 

Idk, wish the fight with Medusa was longer. Not a big deal tho. 

✨ T H E R A P Y   S E S S I O N ✨

I'd say 8/10

EPISODE 4

THIS is my actual favorite lol. They really seem to become more of a team, and there's some funny moments.

Percy: "Are you awake?" 

Annabeth: ...

Annabeth: "Yes."

Awwww, Percy and Annabeth bonding moment.

Annabeth: He gets cranky when he doesn't get enough sleep."

Grover: "He GeTs CrAnKy WhEn He DoEsN't GeT eNoUgH... Nyah... I think I need to eat." 

I DIED XD

I LOVE ECHIDNA!

Annabeth: What monster has those [Spikes]?

Grover: Idk, nothing good probably

Awww, its so cute watching Percy cheer Annabeth up. This whole conversation in the arch makes me so happyyyyyyy. 

AAAAH XD the fountain scene!

I felt so bad for Annabeth! All she wants to do is make her mother proud! 😭😭

Lol, I saw an interview with Walker, and he said he didn't have any makeup on, except for around his eyes. He's THAT pale XD

Percy sacrificing himself to protect Annabeth! 

THE DESIGN FOR THE CHIMERA! YES! I STAN!

Once again, Everyone is such a great actor!

This is a literal 10/10 for me. 

Have a good day bbgs!