✨Chapter 5✨

Mr. Forkle

Mr. Forkle was conversing lightly with Wylie, telling him what was about to happen. Loud shouts outside interrupted him. He immediately thought of the Neverseen.

Mr. Forkle turned to Tiergan. "Alert Yuri and the others. Tell them to get down to the courtyard but wait for my signal." Tiergan nodded, and Mr. Forkle headed out of the room, down the stairs, and into the courtyard.

His eyes widened at what he saw. Fitz and Keefe were trying to drag out a teenage human out from under a huge dog. A hellhound?! He hasn't seen one of those since the Greek and Roman demigod camps had their Civil War.

"What happened?" Mr. Forkle demanded, rushing over to them. They had gotten the teenager out. He could see that both he and the hellhound were severely faded. As bad as Sophie had been.

"I don't know." Fitz responded. "We light leaped here, with Sophie, but then we got here, and she was gone, and this guy was here."

Mr. Forkle pointed to Keefe. "Hail Elwin. Tell him that a person and animal has faded. Then hail Grady and tell him to bring an animal stretcher." Keefe nodded and walked a few steps away to talk on his imparter.

"Do you know who this is?" Fitz asked Mr. Forkle. He stepped up and tapped the ground a few times with his foot. All is well, but don't leave yet.

"I wouldn't say that Mr. Vacker." Forkle replied. "I've heard of him, but let's not dwell on that for now. I need to see something." He knelt down next to the teenager and placed two fingers on his temple. His thoughts were dark and fleeting, but he was able to make out what had happened. His eyes widened. This boy has been dipped in the River Styx. That must be the reason why he hadn't completely faded away. He gave him the knowledge of the Enlightened language, knowing that he would need it in the future.

Elwin glittered into the courtyard a few steps away from the hellhound, Mrs. O'Leary. And kneeled down next to the teenager, Percy Jackson. He snapped several bubbles of light around him, then pulled out a bottle of Fade Fuel. Once he gave it to the boy, he dashed over to the hellhound and did the same. Grady and Edaline appeared next, carrying a medical bag and a rolled-up stretcher.

"I can take the kid, but I don't know how I will get the dog to the healing center." Elwin said.

"The hellhound I was thinking could go to Havenfield. The boy is Percy Jackson. He can go to the Healing Center."

"Hellhound?" Elwin asked.

Forkle nodded. "I'll inform you of everything once everything has settled. I also taught him our language, so that won't be a problem."

"You know," Elwin said wryly. "We should probably have a Healing Center outside of Foxfire. The students must think it very suspicious that we keep putting the Healing Center on lockdown." He reached into his bag and put a nexus on Percy. "I'll come to Havenfield when Percy gets stable?"

Shaking his head, Forkle responded, "I'll hail Livvy so that you can focus on Percy. Hail me if you need help."

Elwin nodded and light leaped away.

Mr. Forkle then turned to Mrs. O'Leary. Fitz, Keefe, and Grady were trying to shove the hellhound onto the stretcher, while Edaline was making final adjustments. Mr. Forkle sighed at their struggles and used telekinesis to lift her onto the stretcher. They stood in a circle and leapt to Havenfield.

❤️Sorry that this chapter is also shortish. This one was mostly filler to explain away the next chapter's plot holes❤️