✨Chapter 19✨

❤️❤️❤️This chapter is dedicated to demigodmagician2010 for reading and voting on all my chapters in one day! Luv u!❤️❤️❤️

Keefe

Mr. Forkle shuffled into the room, looking very worried when he looked at Sophie.

Annabeth raised an eyebrow. "I thought elves didn't age."

"We don't." Mr. Forkle said. "I eat special berries that make my body swell to hide my identity."

Keefe waved him over to Sophie, trying to hide his shaking hands. "I don't know what's wrong with her."

Forkle touched one hand to her forehead, brow furrowed. After a moment he said, "Her mind is on the very brink of a break. If we act quickly, we may be able to save her. I need to know what happened to make her react in such a way." He turned to Annabeth and Chiron. "Were either of you there for the event?"

Chiron and Annabeth both nodded.

"May I see your memories of it?"

Annabeth's eyes widened slightly. "Umm, sure. If it'll help Sophie." Chiron nodded beside her, still not saying a word.

Mr. Forkle reached for Annabeth's temples, and she looked very uncomfortable, like she was struggling to focus on one thing. With every passing second, Forkle turned paler. He opened his eyes, then moved to Chiron, doing the same.

"Well." Mr. Forkle removed his now shaking hands. "I can certainly see why she is at this point. I do believe we can save her, though." He turned to Keefe. "I will need your help. I am not completely sure what happens when Sophie enhances you, but she told me that the 'breezes' remind her of inflicting in a way. Since her mind is not completely broken, I think that if you use your enhanced Empathy, and I do my part, which will be to transmit memories, she will be healed." Then he addressed everyone in the room. "I need to see every memory you have of Miss Foster."

Immediately, everyone nodded. Forkle went around, collecting memories. When it was Keefe's turn, he debated whether or not to show Forkle the memory of his and Sophie's kiss.

I can feel you hiding something. Mr. Forkle transmitted into Keefe's mind. In the pursuit of trust, I would rather you show me instead of me taking it.

Keefe hesitated for a moment, then gave him the memory. Forkle tensed.

I will talk to you later. Mr. Forkle let go of Keefe, then positioned himself on Sophie's right. Keefe stood on the other side, held Sophie's hand, and gathered himself. Forkle held one of her hands, and the other on her temple.

"Three," Mr. Forkle counted down. "Two, one!" Keefe closed his eyes, and shoved every ounce of love, kindness, comfort, safety, and happiness towards Sophie. Her enhancing gave him extra strength.  Extra clarity. 

The process went on for several minutes. Each second ticking by drained more strength from him. Mr. Forkle's arms were shaking by the halfway point. 

"Annabeth, think of every memory you have of Sophie, then grab my hand." Keefe said. He was running out of energy, and feeling someone else's happy thoughts would help him send more. Annabeth walked over, and grabbed Keefe's hand, nearly overwhelmed by the rush of emotions.

With new strength, Keffe continued the process. Giving, taking, giving, taking. Finally Mr. Forkle let out a huge breath.

"I think," His voice was raspy. "That did it." Forkle dragged his hands over his face, looking completely drained.