7

| A few days later...December 11th |

It was roughly 8:30 PM and Zac was helping Junior with his pajamas as he was having a melt down over them.

He spent all day yesterday, Sunday, with his grandma as he watched his daddy kick the Patriots ass, beating them 34-17 where he threw for 3 touchdowns and rushed for one, but took a bad hit in his knee.

Nothing major but some pain that can be solved with pain killers.

Zac wanted to match with Junior but Junior swore he was a big boy yet again and didn't need to match with him. Zac's feelings were hurt but he wasn't gonna cry over spilled milk.

"So basically you don't like daddy no more? Hm? That's what I am hearing?" Zac whined to his 5 year old son who was drawing letters on the iPad.

"No."

"No? Fine. I don't mess with you either...used my good nut on your ass and this how you treat me." Zac accidentally blurted out.

"Nut!"

"Ayeee don't repeat that man. Get in bed so I can tuck you in." Junior happily obliged as he wore his favorite pajamas, Zac had to go around the entire world looking for his size each year. Junior only wears those pajamas the entire month of Christmas because the first year he did it, he got the best Christmas gift ever so he thinks if he does it every year, he will continue to receive those gifts.

"I love you buddy." Zac said before tucking him in, fixing the night light, and heading out the room.

With him being the only active parent, things do get hard, money was never a problem for him. It was the emotional aspect of a son growing up with their mother in and out of their lives and him having to lie to him about why.

Zac went into the bedroom to finish up his to do list which consisted of getting tree lights so that him and Junior could put it up together since they are behind schedule, they usually have it up already around the end of November, but Zac wanted to wait for Hazel to return home but she never did. And the show cannot stop because of her so when he returns from practice tomorrow, him and Junior will handle it.

Back over with Fatima, she came home from the Disney on Ice to an empty home which she was thankful for. Ian had slipped her a note along with some flowers stating he had to go outta town for a last minute conference to seal the deal on something.

Fatima usually would care but this time around she didn't give a fuck, he could be gon all month long for all she cared. She finally was able to get peace and quiet and she would be able to get much done without him snooping around.

She was pouring herself a cup of wine when she got a call from Zac, she declined it as she has been avoiding him for the past few days. He didn't do anything wrong but she felt guilty about what she was doing. She felt like she was getting too attached too soon and she didn't wanna send mixed signals as she has heard Junior refer to her as "mommy" and she doesn't wanna replace that title out of respect for the late woman.
(She still has no clue Zac lied to her about it)

She began to ascend up the steps to the master bedroom with her wine, hoping to see a good Christmas movie on Lifetime. As she plopped down on the bed, her phone dinged with a notification from Zac.

Zac

Decline my shit again and I am pulling up. Ion gaf about that elf of a nigga you call a boyfriend either.

"He is so sassy." She laughed to herself before calling him back. "Yes Zachary?"

"Zachary? Let's try that again." He hung up before calling back as he smiled patiently in the camera, she could see his feet swinging in the air in the background.