part35: Closing my eyes I fancy

I have always known that I have two enemies when it comes to the guy beneath me, but somehow I forgot about my treacherous heart that kept skipping every time he did something. It was as if my heart had a mind of its own, betraying me with every beat.

The constant battle between my rational mind and infatuated heart made it even harder to deal with him. I was just about to retreat my hand from his mouth when he suddenly grabbed my wrist, pulling me towards him, and I ended up falling on his chest.

Time ceased as I gazed into his eyes, lost in the depths of their mesmerizing gaze. I wouldn't have believed it if someone told me that we would be in such a compromising situation today.

Me sprawled on him, my hand, on his chest while his heart raced beneath my touch. I could feel the warmth of his body against mine, and in that moment, all rational thoughts vanished.

I just wanted the time to freeze and for us to stay in that moment forever, wrapped in each other's embrace. But..

"Gosh, I missed you," he whispered softly, breaking the silence that had enveloped us.

His voice was filled with longing and affection, causing a rush of emotions to surge through me.

"I missed your smile. I missed your witty remarks and retorts that always make me laugh," he continued, his words melting my heart.

"I missed your gentle touch and the way you make me feel alive. Being apart from you has been unbearable, and I can't help but think about all the moments we've missed out on. But now that we're together again, I never want to let go." his hands on my hair, tugging me closer to him as with his words, his breath fell on my lips.

Only inches apart, we would touch; one move, and we would kiss.

"This is not fair." I whispered, my voice barely audible.

"I know," he murmured back, his breath warm against my cheek.

"You lied to me." I closed my eyes as I leaned my forehead against his.

"I know," he mummered, both his hands on my face.

"I know I messed up big time, and I would do anything to make it right. I wanted to tell you everything, but you were just so good and made me feel like me again that I got afraid." He confessed while I listened to him.

"I never wanted to hurt you," he continued, his voice filled with regret.

"But keeping the truth from you seemed easier than facing the possibility of losing you, especially after I learned about what happened between you and Harry."

"Why did he have to be your cousin?" I thought to myself, feeling a mix of anger and betrayal. It seemed like I thought out loud as Nick chuckled and spoke.

"We are actually tied by a very, very, very thin thread. Our connection is so distant that it's almost nonexistent," he explained, and I looked at him with a raised brow.

"You know how parents like forcing relationships? My grandmother and his grandmother were soul sisters."

"Oh," I nodded in understanding. That was at least better, but...

"Wait, you actually dated Silvia; you even gave her a pet name?" I almost forgot about this.

How could I be so unlucky to fall for men who liked that woman?

The thought made me grit my teeth, and I was about to pull away from him when he answered.

"Eww, never." Came his response before i could pull away.

"Huh?" Now, that was unexpected.

"But how come? I heard it with my own ears when you two guys were speaking that day." I asked, puzzled by his response.