Fifty Three

My eyes slowly flutter open, my head throbs and my wrists burn

Adjusting my eyes to the light, I take a look around and see that I'm sat on the most uncomfortable metal chair to ever exist, the room was like a basement with several dim lit lights hanging on the ceiling, no windows and a single door located directly in front of me.

If Axel has some sort of kidnapping the day before birthdays kink, I want the fuck out now.

I hear footsteps approaching and then the door screeches open.

"Ahhh, sleepy beauty has awoken." The all too familiar voice spoke.

"Larissa." I croak, my throat was dry as fuck.

"I asked for one thing Octavia, one fucking thing and you couldn't do that for me huh?" She shouts as she walks closer to me.

The fuck is her problem?

"Untie me Larissa."

She doubles over laughing as she walks closer to me and gets to my level, her eyes were bloodshot and I knew she was high as a kite right now.

"Now why would I do that?" She snarls. "Why would I do that when my own daughter doesn't even listen to her mother?"

"You're not my mother."

Her hand comes flying up and slaps me, my left cheek stings as my head flies to the side. Fuck, that hurt.

"You see, I sent that little dweeb Damien to you in hopes you'd fall in love with him and that would make this a whole lot easier." She begins. "Then I find out you got him arrested? Imagine how angry I was." She starts to laugh.

"He got himself arrested." I point out.

He's the one who had class A drugs on him when he went to the hospital and when they did a background check on him they found out he was wanted on numerous chargers. Not my fault.

Her hand comes up once again slapping me.

This bitch.

"I want my money." She says which has me confused.

"What fucking money?" I shout.

My hands start to untangle the rope attached to my wrists, whatever fucker tied me up did a pretty terrible job at it.

Even Axel's tied my wrists up better... with a fucking thong.

"Before I got busted, I knew it was coming." She says. "I had an inside man working for the police and he warned me, so I put half a mil in a trust fund so they couldn't touch it."

"What the fuck has that got to do with me?" I snarl.

"You see..." She begins saying as she starts walking around me in circles, her fingers grabbing ahold of a strand of my hair as she twirls it. "I had to put it in your name." She says. "If it's in your name then there was nothing they could do about it, they couldn't prove where the money came from. They couldn't seize it, they couldn't do fuck all."