Thirty Nine

Thanksgiving was fast approaching— in three days to be exact, all of us girls will be heading home to our families for a few days so we decided to celebrate together with friends giving

What they however failed to mention was the fact that we'd be hosting it at the football house because the guys wanted to join in too.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't care... It's just the thought of being in close proximity to Axel and not being able to act on my urges to kiss, touch or admire him because all our friends are there really dampened my mood.

A couple days ago we had booked to go to the art and wine class, drove an hour there to find out that the guy who taught the class cancelled last minute— we got a full refund and two bottles of wine for free so I couldn't really complain.

Instead we ticked off exploring a new place and junk food day... I said to tick off road trip too but Axel said road tripping lasts longer than an hour and it was pointless ticking something off that didn't need to be ticked off.

From the minute we left my apartment complex at nine in the morning and arrived back just gone ten pm, we ate so much junk that my stomach was having major problems from it the whole night.

"Can I help you ladies with anything?" Grayson asks walking into the kitchen.

"Yeah, by leaving." Lilly responds causing an arm slap from Nina.

The guys had lost their game yesterday and were all feeling pretty down about it so Nina had told them to relax whilst we did the cooking— mostly me but they kept coming in and asking to help.

We already had Chad making the stuffing, Hunter was helping Nina peel and chop the potatoes and Matthew doing the vegetables along side Lilly.

"Lilly." I warn her in a stern voice before looking at Grayson. "You could help Payton make the pumpkin pie, that cool with you P?"

"Yeah." She hums. "But if you fuck it up I'll make you into a pie."

"Alright Sweeney Todd." He raises his hands up in surrender causing us to laugh.

I haven't seen Axel at all since we got here and we'd been here for a solid almost two hours, was he even here? Had he gone back home early? So many thoughts ran though my mind.

My task was the turkey, nobody else could be trusted to do it— I feared If Lilly even looked at it I'd get food poisoning.

I finished rubbing my home made rub all over the turkey, just a bunch of random ingredients I put together and then put it in the oven to cook.

Washing my hands I leaned against the kitchen counter engulfing in conversation with Payton about how excited we were to be going home and help with the wedding preparations.

Since dad and Celine had announced their engagement things had moved so fast, she was prepping for the wedding— cake tasting, deciding what food to serve, what colour scheme she wanted and the list went on.