Nine

As I wake up at five am— in Ava's bed might I add

As I wake up at five am— in Ava's bed might I add... I lay there with her head on my chest, her legs tangled with mine and my arms sprawled around her waist and just think... what the fuck?

The atmosphere between the both of us has shifted and I know she can feel it as much as I can, it felt strange.

A good strange, but nonetheless, strange.

Since that party we threw in freshman year after one of our biggest wins at the time, she's hated me.

She was so fucking beautiful and had my dick twitching and heart aching the minute I laid my eyes on her across the room.

I drank a few drinks to get the nerves out of my system to try talk to her and then I maybe, might have... ok I most definitely did purposely spill my drink down her white dress but in my defence, I had been watching her most of the night and couldn't seem to take my eyes off her.

Like damn I needed courage to talk to her to begin with, she was the only girl that night that held my upmost attention— I felt slightly intimidated by her beauty and I couldn't just out right go up to her with fear of her rejecting me.

I'm Axel Kingston, nobody rejected me.

Yeah it was a dick move spilling the red jungle juice down her white dress but I was expecting her to not care too much about it, then I was going to offer her some of my clothes and maybe slip in a little kiss and see where that took us.

I wasn't expecting her to punch me in the face, call me a cunt and walk off.

I stood there in shock and was a little more turned on than before, that was fucking hot.

For the rest of the evening until the early hours of the morning I couldn't get that spitfire out of my head and when I saw her standing in the garden alone I took that as my opportunity to apologise.

Then one thing led to another and she ended up in my bed that night, then a couple nights after that, then the night after that... so I thought fuck it and I offered her a hooking up contract— nothing signed, all verbal and she could stop it anytime she wanted as could I.

So now I laid here at five fifet— shit! I was going to be late for practice and I still needed to go back to the football house to grab my stuff.

"Rose." I say shaking her slightly.

"Hmm?"

"Rose babe, I need to get up for practice." I tell her.

Did I just fucking call her babe? What is wrong with me.

"Hmm yeah." She responds snuggling further into me.

A smile threatens to appear on my face and I quickly get rid of it before it makes its appearance, it's clear she's not going to wake up so I slowly untangle our legs and try my hardest to slip my arms out from around her waist.

Quickly grabbing the pillow my head lay on, I placed it around her arms and she cuddled into it. I let out a sigh of relief and walk into the hallway grabbing my phone out to text her.

Me: Hey, sorry tried to wake you up... I had to leave for practice but can we talk later?

With the message being sent, I headed to the front door and put my shoes on before heading to my car to drive home.

Home was only a Five minute drive away, once I pulled up in my parking spot I got out and headed straight for the door.

It was quite inside, nobody was around. I made my way upstairs and put the code into my bedroom door, opening it I made my way into my bathroom and took the quickest shower ever and then grabbed everything I needed for practice before heading back downstairs.

When I got into the kitchen to grab myself a few granola bars I bumped into some of the lads and Payton, they all sat around the kitchen table eating Cereal.

"Morning." I greeted them.

"Hey." Payton perked up. "Did she get home ok?"

"Yes." I respond not giving anything else away.

I'm sure Rose wouldn't want me telling her sister that I stayed the night and I respected that, I wasn't about flaunting anyones business around especially when it involved me.

It's been almost a year since Rose and I made our arrangement and yet everyone around us seemed so utterly clueless about the whole thing, I know she wouldn't have told anyone because she hates me and I most certainly didn't tell anyone because quite frankly it's nobody's fucking business but ours.

Does she still hate me?

Like I've said already, somethings changed between us and yesterday, I didn't feel as much hate coming from her as I usually did and that made my stomach feel weird.

"Thank you." Payton says. "I know you two don't like each other and I know for a fact us girls are going to get multiple things thrown at us again for putting her in that situation with you... but thank you for making sure she got home safe."

I nod my head as the rest of the boys came down the stairs and we all headed out to ours cars after a quick goodbye to Payton and Nina who had come down the stairs with Hunter.

I managed to get into the locker room with fifteen minutes to spare, I put my uniform on and as I'm tying my laces up coach makes his appearance.

"Attention boys!" Coach Gillingham clapped his hands to get our attention.

"Hunter." I scolded him nudging him as he wasn't paying attention.

Coach shot him a stern look and he quickly stood up straighter and began to listen to coach as he explained what he expects from us for our game against Baylor tomorrow.

"No fucking around tomorrow." Coach says sternly. "I expect all of you to be on your best behaviour, remember not only are you representing your college but also your future. Some of you have potential to be in the NFL... if you play your cards right."

"Yes coach." We all say in unison.

"Right let's get out on that field!"

We all jog behind coach and make our way onto the field, I can't help but wonder if Rose will be here tomorrow?

It's the first game of the season, I'm sure the girls will persuade her to come but at the same time she's a stubborn girl— plus she doesn't even like sports and knows fuck all about football, so I can't exactly blame her if she doesn't come.

I will however be slightly disappointed if she doesn't, I don't know why but I really wanted her here and just that thought alone made my stomach do that twirl thing again.

What the fuck was wrong with me?