Thirteen

After what felt like hours dancing on the table at the football house, my throat was starting to become dry and i needed to get a refresher

"I'm gonna go grab a drink, you want one?" I ask the girl I was dancing with.

I had no idea who she was, she didn't attend the university but was a friend of someone who did.

"I'm all good thanks." She smiles.

I nod and begin getting down from the table, in my drunken state I stumble a little falling on my ass and laugh at myself.

I spot Nina and Hunter in the kitchen so I begin my descent towards them, the amount of people in this house was ridiculous.

People were pushing into me and I regret wearing this white dress, I should've learnt my lesson from the last time I wore a dress this colour.

Red jungle juice, Axel, punching him in the face, calling him a cunt, him apologising later that evening and then having the most mind blowing sex.

Speaking of him, the guys won by 3 points, I didn't have a fucking clue what was happening. All I saw in front of me was blurry bodies running up and down the field, a few fights and I was having the time of my life drinking my double vodka sodas the whole time.

"Octavia?" A voice speaks as a hand rests on my shoulder.

I turn around and my eyes widen immediately. "Parker." I greet him.

Fuck.

Code PINOLAR now.

I repeat, code PINOLAR now.

I repeat this in my head wishing the girls could automatically hear me and rush to save me but we don't have superpowers.

"How are you?" He asks. "You know after your grandma."

"My grandma?" I ask confused.

"Erm, y-you know erm." He clears his throat. "Since her unfortunate passing."

Oh shit.

I need to stop using the excuse of my grandma passing, it's our to go to ninety percent of the time— my poor grandma is probably rolling around in her grave shaking her head at Payton and I.

"Oh, it's been very emotional for my family and I." I respond. "Her funeral is next week so I'm heading back home to attend."

I wasn't exactly lying about heading home, it's Celine's forty fifth birthday on Friday, Payton and I were heading home to surprise her for it and then spend the weekend with our family before heading back to college Sunday evening.

"Oh, that's sad." He says. "I'm really sorry for your loss."

I search around the crowd to see if I can find anyone and send signals via my eyes to come and help me but come up empty.