Forty Four

After finishing up at the diner, we made our way back into Rose's car and just sat there staring at each other

After finishing up at the diner, we made our way back into Rose's car and just sat there staring at each other. A grin spreads across her face causing her cheeks to go a rosy colour as she leans into the back seat and pulls out a bag.

"Do you trust me?" She asks placing the bag on her lap.

"Yes, why?" I ask a little confused.

She grabs a scarf from the bag before throwing it over the back again and holding the scarf in her hand. "I'm going to need you to put this over your eyes." She smiles.

"Why?" I ask curious.

"For your final surprise, I need you to do this for me, will you?"

All I heard as I need you and I immediately grab ahold of the scarf and tightened it around my eyes making sure I couldn't see, I hear her sniffle out a laugh and feel her body heat gets close to me.

She leans over me grabbing ahold of my seatbelt and placing it on before I feel her lips touch mine ever so softly before she's gone.

I hear her ruffling around placing her own belt on before the car starts and I feel us starting to move.

"Is this the part where you kill me?" I ask amused.

Her laugh radiates the whole car but she doesn't answer me, it felt weird not being able to see where we're going. I could hear everything but my sight was gone, I felt her place a hand on my thigh and that's when I realise I was bouncing my leg up and down.

My hand automatically reaches out grabbing ahold of her hand and intertwining our fingers together as I played with the ring on her finger with my other hand.

After around a twenty minute drive, the car comes to a stop and the engine cuts out and I know we've arrived at our final destination of the night.

"Right, I'm gonna need you to keep on the scarf, take your seatbelt off and hold onto me whilst I guide you to where we need to go ok?" She says and I nod.

I reach around trying to find the clip of the belt before locating it and taking it off, I hear the passenger side door open and feel her hand grab ahold of mine as she guides me up out of the seat until I'm standing on the ground.

My arm wraps around her shoulder whilst hers goes around my waist, I hear the car lock and then we begin walking and I make sure my steps are even so I don't trip over myself.

It took about a minute to walk before we're stopping and Rose takes my arm off her shoulder and holds my hands infront of me.

"Are you ready for the final surprise?" She asks.

"Yes."

"Ok." I can hear the smile in her voice as she lets go of my hands and reaches up taking the scarf off around my eyes.