46: Stay for Dinner?

A head is rolling around my shoulder as our agency's bus is carefully making it's way around the mountain. It's been quite a while since I ventured anywhere near the mountains here. I think the last time was with my family on one of our summer trips. Dad rented out a cabin somewhere around here. That was years ago now, but I remember enjoying the cool air and the nice break we all had from the hustle and bustle city life style.

Driving up here is giving that breath of fresh air I remember from all those years ago.

Only this time, we're taking that hustle and bustle from the city with us up the mountain side. We're here for work after all.

I glance to the side at my exhausted best friend, who's usually the morning person out of the two of us, but I suppose someone's been keeping her up lately. As we reach a cliff side and I start seeing more and more rock and stones than anything else, I feel that familiar car motion sickness rise up in me. I'm usually good with this kind of stuff, but even as a child, driving up these mountains takes a certain stomach strength I don't seem to have.

My loving bear of a boyfriend must've taken notice of my sudden discomfort as his gaze turns to me from the front of the bus. He's here with Alexis as it's only natural for her to be joining this photoshoot as well. She's been in most of them all year, so she's contracted with us until the year's end.

"Are you alright?" He mouths as discreetly as possible, which isn't really necessary. Even at 7 am in the morning on a bus the crew can't help but work their butts off to get everything ready to run as smoothly as possible. Even though today's actually the rehearsal, not the actual thing yet.

I nod at him, giving him on of my shaky smiles. There's not much he can do from there anyways. Although, one of his hugs would do me some good right about now.

A sudden bump in the road shakes Lucy awake and as soon as her head lifts off my shoulders, I notice movement coming from the front of the bus. I focus on her for a second though while her eyes adjust to the new light coming from outside. It was pitch black outside when we first got on the bus.

"How much longer?" She croaks, running a hand through her bright hair.

"Hm, about an hour..." at that sudden reminder, my stomach twists again. Thank goodness, I didn't eat anything this morning.

She looks up at me with furrowed brows just as a tall figure stops right in front of us. His stance is as stable as he could muster on a windy road such as this one. He's quick to outstretch his free hand to me. "Come sit up front with me, that might help,"

"Oh no, motion sickness?" Lucy asks, quickly yet gently pushing me towards him to scoot into my seat to make room for Alexis who I'm just now noticing has been standing behind Sebastian.

"Thank you guys..." I whisper, placing a hand over my forehead as I not-so-gracefully make my way to what was previously Alexis' seat.

As soon as Sebastian is next to me, I make quick work to place my head on his shoulder, or rather upper arm since he's taller than me, and look out the front window. He grabs somethings from the bag by his feet and hands me a bottle of water that I didn't even notice he packed. "Always gotta be prepared," he cheesily winks down at me before placing the top of the bottle to my lips. "Drink."

The rest of the bus ride has been him handing me water, massaging my temple and making sure I try to look out the window while resting as much as I can. As much as I love being pampered and all of this attention, I would really love to feel the ground on my feet right about now. This bus ride is feeling way longer than an hour all of a sudden.

Thankfully, moments later, the bus finally comes to a stop and the doors open at the front. To say I practically ran our of the moving contraption would be an understatement. Call me dramatic, but there's nothing like that fresh air and solid ground that can heal motion sickness in an instant. A hand on my back as I lean onto the cliff side with my palm startles me. At first, I immediately think of my doting lover, but the touch doesn't feel right. I turn slowly and find none other than my bodyguard standing behind me, his eyes wary and cautious.