26: My Sexuality.

We went to my parent's BBQ last weekend. Which means it's been a week since I've last seen the guys. We've all been pretty busy and with my new role here in the company, I've been needing some time to adjust and come to terms with all of the changes.

Everyone was overjoyed when I told them the news though!

"I actually have some pretty exciting news...'' My parents, the triplets, Aunt Claire and my three 'friends' are getting to know each other by the fire Dad set up since the sun started setting.

What better time than now to tell them? Everyone else is getting tired anyways, so I don't think they'll pay too much attention. I'm not too fond of the whole "all eyes on me" thing.

"What's that, Son?" He gestures to the seat between himself and Mom and I gladly sidle up next to him.

I inhale the smokey air for a second before releasing it at the same time as I say my next sentence: "Starlaxy is officially hiring me as one of their models,"

The silence is blocked by the crackling sounds of the fire swaying in every direction with the breeze. I take in the confused faces of the triplets, the smile on Aunt Claire's soft features, the wide eyes of the people who I've become particularly close with this past year and the tears in Moms eyes as her hand wraps around my shoulders.

"That's..." Dad trails off. His head turns away from me once I manage to free my neck from Mom's grasp.

"Dad?" I tap his shoulder with my index finger. "Are you cryi-"

"No!" He sniffles and a smile tugs on my lips. "Something got in my eye..." he faces me again moments later and I choose to tease his red eyes later. "Congratulations, Noah," he gives me one of his Dad hugs and I melt into it.

"Thank you..." we stay like this for a while, simply enjoying being here.

The sounds of our family's giggling and chatter around us soothes me even further. This reminds me of my childhood every year. This get-together has been a thing since before I was even born and no matter what kind of year we've had, being here together is like putting up a protective wall between us and the real world.

It's always just us and the fire in this backyard.

Everything else disappears.

"There's actually more..." I whisper, and he pulls back with shaky eyes.

"More?!" Asher exclaims and I see his cheeks adorn a pinkish glow. I laugh a bit and simply nod in their directions.

"Yes, do you know about the annual Spring Festival?" Everyone's quick to nod and even the triplets scream their excitement as Aunt Claire takes them to the main city every year to attend. "Guess who was asked to be the closing model on the runway?"

Gasps sound around the fire and I feel heat rise to my own cheeks from the attention. I start fiddling with the hem of my shirt the longer the silence prolongs until arms fling themselves around my upper body.

At first, I relax thinking it's my Dad again, but I tense as soon as I realize it's actually Julian. The shock soon wears off and my arms surround him in an equally tight embrace. The fragrance of his rose scented shampoo hits me and the heat soon becomes too much in this situation. Thankfully, he either senses it or is oblivious to it, but he pulls back with a wide grin.

"Congratulations, this is so exciting!"

"We'll all be there to cheer you on!" Asher says, and my heart fills with love and warmth. I look around once more, noting all of the smiles and joy now fuelling the fire and the excitement of what's to come brings a never ending smile to my own face.