Bonus: The Realization

There they sat around the living room. Sebastian, Julian and Asher all gathered that morning, quickly coming to the conclusion that they all had something to get off their chests after a restless night. It was the morning after the end-year party, and usually around this time of the month they would start their planning for their annual trip to Spain.

However, due to the fact that they're all very sleep-deprived, Sebastian has forced them all to have a sit down.

These past couple months have been unlike their usual routines. The times they would pick each other up shifted around, their weekly date nights changed from Fridays to Thursdays, they've been hanging around the café longer than necessary instead of heading straight home and not to mention the new person who's entered not only their lives but their home as well.

Noah.

Noah has completely turned things around and two out of the three men are very aware how important routine is to their third lover. Sebastian thrives the most when he knows where everyone is and at what times. He loves knowing where he himself needs to be at any given day. Picking his men up from their own jobs every other day was something he always looked forward to.

Not having those set times anymore and the uncertainty of where everyone is at any point of the day is stressing him beyond belief.

However, that stress soon switched to realization as all of these changes in their daily routines were happening for one reason in particular. And that is the beautiful guy with the dark hair. The hair that lays loosely around his head and neck and shines a beautiful, deep burgundy instead of the expected black in brighter lighting.

The warmth in his dark eyes that always has them getting lost in them despite trying their hardest not to. Those lighter spots that catch the lighting when they look closely enough or the sparks of joy that light up within them whenever he makes prolonged eye contact with one of them every once and a while.

His naturally timid nature that he always tries to hide in the form of an inviting smile and his animated hand movements that tell a silent story as he speaks.

That smile of his that could easily replace the lighting in any room.

The determination he has for his career and the positivity he shares with the three of them and anyone he encounters.

Everything combined and so much more has left them sitting the way they are now on the sofas. Staring down at the floor with tense shoulders and stiffened backs. Contemplating on what to do now that they've noticed something possibly life changing for the three men who've only known each other for the past couple years.

They're catching feelings and they're catching them fast.

"Do we tell him?" Their sweet and unashamedly honest boyfriend whispered into the somewhat dark room. Neither of them bothered to switch the lights on and they now rely on the sunrise to be able to see each other.

The tallest was quick to shake his head, "he's not ready,"

Silence. Much like how it's been going for the past hour. One person said something and it went silent for a few minutes before the pattern repeated itself.

"Let's wait for him then," the brunet ruffled his hair, leaning further into the back of the sofa with a sullen expression. His words said one thing, but his mind anxiously wondered if Noah even likes them back...

"Do you think he'll ever be ready for us?" Tears welled up in the blond's eyes. It's not all fun and games thinking of bringing another person into any relationship, even for people who are very familiar with the concept.

Not only did Asher have to adapt and learn to talk about things that bothered him with the other two who've been together the longest out of the three of them. But he had to understand that the two were still getting to know him as well, it took them a while to get to the security they've reached now.

Neither of them want Noah to feel left out in the slightest because in their heads that would never be the case. Some things are simply observed and interpreted differently, which is why communicating is so important.

For example, if they're not touching Noah the same way they do with each other, it's due to their worry of overcrowding him and making him uncomfortable.

In Noah's head though, that could be seen as something completely different and could even hurt his feelings.

This time the silence was replaced with the sounds of footsteps and rustling fabric. It was their most confident lover sitting himself between the others. His large arms wrapped around their necks and pulled them down to his chest that could easily fit one more person in the middle of their cuddle fest.

"Let's take things one step at a time," he started, "for now, we'll be there for him just like he is for everyone else."

After having missed out on a lot of sleep, Sebastian took it upon himself to coax the others to sleep. His fingers deftly ran down their hair and the backs of their neck. Their breathing evened out and their limbs wrapped around one another like a pretzel.

Their biggest lover may be the most confident, but sitting there with his own thoughts as he continued to soothe the other two left him feeling more than a little uncertain.

Uncertainty is a scary thing. The 'what ifs' are like a never ending torture device for the mind. Even for the most proud person, it's a thing that can make anyone waver in their decisions.

Especially when feelings are involved.

After their conversation that morning, the boulder pressed on their chests lifted. They enjoyed their nap and were quick to properly talk things out and laughter ensued once they realized who had noticed their feelings the quickest.

Now, they can freely gush over the guy who's weaved his way into their hearts.

They have a whole lot to learn about him and each other. It'll certainly be a process, but hopefully one that will be worth it.

Communication will be important, but the three of them have got that part down pat.

One step at a time.

It'll all work out.

A/N: I just got back from a trip yesterday morning and I don't have anymore pre-written chapters! 🥲 So, as an apology, I wrote this mini-bonus for this week (it's two days late, I'm so sorry!) and I'll do a double-update next Tuesday!

I'm sorry again, but I hope you enjoy this little snippet of their "talk" for now! <3