19: Too close for comfort...

It's always fascinating. The trees' green leaves are coming back at full speed. The walk home has drastically changed in my eyes and I always admire how colorful everything suddenly looks after a single weekend of staying at home.

It's also kind of a daunting thing, as it kind of reminds me how quick things develop in such a short span of time.

Like...

"I can't believe it's already my last day with you!" Oliver comes running at me from the break room with a beaming grin. He's gotten so much more vocal in the past three months with me, and as much as it saddens me to see him leave our department, I feel like getting a bit of a respite will be good for me. It'll be refreshing to have my routine again.

"Time does fly," I smile at him, his eyes sparkling as they look up at me.

"We'll still be able to see each other every once and a while, right?" His eyes look down at our feet and his bottom lip twitches into a pout.

"Yeah, as long as you're not too busy," I tease, bumping his shoulder with mine to wipe his face of that frown.

We break out into a small laughing fit when two people walking in our direction draw my attention, "oh, you're so funny!" Her recently re-dyed pink hair swings in a pendulum behind her as she looks up at Sebastian with batting eyelids. "We should totally hang out sometime," she looks right back at me and waves right past me to wave at Oliver, who has taken to pretending to be busy behind me.

"Hey guys!" She hops up to us, looking back over her shoulder briefly as the man waves at us. I nod in their direction, sending him a subtle smile in a separate greeting.

I turn back over, noticing the blond shifting various papers around on my desk, "Oliver, would you mind sending these drafts over to the designers, they accidentally left it at our desks this morning," he grins up at me before shooting off to get the task done.

"He's as energetic as usual," he adds, looking after the guy as he waits for the elevator to reach our floor.

I chuckle at his observation, "yeah, he's good company,"

He hums, "have you checked your phone today?" He walks up to me, brushing past Cadence who, for some reason, is very quiet all of a sudden.

"Uh, not really, why?" My eyes flit back and forth between them, wondering how friendly he plans on being since we're not alone. His head turns to glance at Cadence and he simply lets out a quiet sigh that I'm hoping only I could hear due to our closer proximity.

"Just check it whenever you have time,"

"Come on, Seb, we have to get going!" She starts tugging him back by the elbow, leaving me a bit startled at the word, "we".

Noticing my confusion, he speaks up, "Sarah wants to see Alexis and asked if I could bring Cadence with me since she wants to speak to her as well." he shrugs, running a hand through his dark hair, a crease forming between his brows at the incessant pulling going on behind him.

I make brief eye contact with him as I nod in understanding. He shrugs again before following after her with slumping shoulders. I resist the urge to pull him right back to me, not wanting to cause another scene in our workplace. I get back to work, hoping to take my mind off things again until Oliver gets back.

The reason he wants me to check my phone is probably due to the abundant amount of notifications flooding my phone. It's our group chat, one that was made for the four of us during our last dinner together.

Noahhhhh pick me up today! pretty pleaseeeee'

I snort at the text, knowing for a fact that he already knows I wouldn't say no. No harm in teasing the man a bit, though...