5: "They"

I've been staring at my work phone for the past 10 minutes. It's the first day of December tomorrow and things have been pretty chaotic around here as it pretty much always is this time of year. I've been given the main task to handle filming more videos than usual alongside Lucy. We have to post a certain giveaway and/or a special collab with someone for every day until Christmas, which isn't all that unique compared to what most influencers do anyway. It does, however, mean our workload is double what we're used to. I personally have had a lot of fun ever since I've gotten used to being in front of the camera.

What is shocking me the most at the moment though, is the username I've become all too familiar with. I decided to look through our followers list as soon as I got a break from filming for our first surprise giveaway, as per Jack's request, this morning. The last thing I thought I would be coming across within this pool of millions of unique usernames is Tyler's.

'@Ty.05.e_er'

"I think you'll burn a hole through that phone of yours if you stare at it any longer," I nearly drop my phone as soon as that deep timber of a voice enters my ears.

"Sebastian?" I spin around, coming face to face with the handsome man once again. His navy suit and tied back dark hair makes me do a double take. He looks so gorgeous... "What are you doing here?"

He raises a brow, a hint of amusement in that tiny smile of his, "same reason you're here; working," he tugs at the hem of his suit, my stare lingering for a moment too long on his hands. A single ring adorning his right thumb and his veins running up into the cuff of his sleeve sends a fluttering feeling through my stomach.

I look back at my computer to hide my red face and hear his footsteps coming even closer to my desk. "Right, sorry, my mind's a total mess right now, they must've told me you'd be coming today," I sigh at my own forgetfulness.

"Don't worry about it, I'm only joking, I'm only here to pick up a few papers," that's when his words light the bulb in my head and I actually facepalm.

I shake my head, glaring at my desk for a second before looking back up with a forced smile, "yeah, I should know that since I have those papers," his large hand is on the edge of my desk, holding the majority of his weight of his leaning body.

"You do?"

"Yeah, Sarah had somewhere to be and she rushed past, placing..." I trail off to grab the stack of documents next to my keyboard, "these on my desk," If I'm being honest, I don't even think she paid much attention to who she even gave these to. I struggle a bit to move the rather high stack over to him. As soon as my hands start wobbling a bit, he quickly grabs them from me, the tips of our fingers grazing each other for a few fleeting seconds.

"I got it," his voice reassuring as he picks up the papers with ease.

"Thank you," I wring my fingers together, looking back down at my phone that seems to be taunting me right now. The black screen waiting for me to turn it back on and see his name pop up-

"Hey, is everything alright?" His face contorts with worry and I nod a little too quickly.

He does a quick scan of the room, noticing the people busy either running around or the empty office spaces before turning back to me, "I wanted to thank you,"

"Me?" What did I do...?

"For helping Asher the other day," he clarifies and I nearly choke on my sip of water.

"I really didn't do much..." I laugh it off, rising from my chair to complete my next task of the day.

He follows after me, papers in hand, as I make my way to one of the free recording rooms, "that's not true," he falls into stride beside me as we weave past a small crowd of people in the narrow corridors until I eventually find a room with a navy background wall. Makeshift snowflakes glimmer all over the wall and string lights dangle from the ceiling with a shimmer.