41: I need to talk to him.

"You have got to be kidding me..."

"What happened?"

"Asher, baby, please do tell what compiled you to do— that?! Sebastian's index finger points towards the kitchen which is now, thankfully, hidden from view behind the wall since we're hiding in the hall way.

"I- I have no idea what you're talking about..." he smiles one of those not-so-innocent smiles, looking up at the man with big eyes and twitching lips.

"Lying won't get you anywhere, Ash," Julian coaxes, standing behind Sebastian with a contrasting amused expression. His body almost completely covering my full view of Asher and the taller man's stare down.

"I had a dream..." he whispers, sighing in defeat. "No, more like a vision," my brows furrow as he shutters and I step to the side to get a better view of him.

"A dream?" I question, ignoring the flickering gaze coming from Sebastian.

He nods, keeping his eyes low and his fingers knotted. "Yeah, last night," he finally looks up and unexpectedly looks straight at me. "About you."

What? I try to resist the urge to pinch the side of my arm. — Am I dreaming?

"You were wearing that same outfit as the day of the Spring Runway Show and you were so... exhausted,"

Oh...

Asher looks back down and I sigh before glancing at the other two who have now turned their gazes to me. This whole investigation plus work thing is starting to take a toll after only a couple weeks. Ever since the dinner we had with Jas, everyone has been so on edge and it's been getting to us more than we'd like to admit.

"Jas!" I swing our door open, springing straight into her arms and she just about manages to catch me without letting us fall straight onto the pavement.

"It's good to know that I've been missed," she goes straight to pettiness.

I roll my eyes, releasing my hold to tap her on the shoulder. "I told you I've only been distancing myself for your safety, you don't even understand how much I miss your tea,"

"And here I thought my tea has been pretty decent," Asher peaks his head over Jas' shoulder, grinning with a cup of tea that I've been patiently waiting for all day.

"It is, but no one can beat Jas in that café, it's nothing personal," I joke, Asher walking up to give me a hug and a quick peck on the side of my neck.

"Can't argue with that," he rushes in to greet the others while I help Jas get settled in the living room.

Julian refused to let either of us help so the two of us could properly catch up after who knows how long. So, for tonight, our two other partners are his kitchen assitants.

"Aw, Jas, I'm so happy things are going well with you and Lucy!" I hop across the sofa to wrap my arms around her neck.

She hums and I pull back to notice her sudden frown. She was all blush and happy not even two seconds ago... "Jas? Things are going well, right?"

She vigorously nods her head, "almost perfect, actually,"

"But...?"

"But- I don't know how to..." she trails off, leaving me in suspense as per usual.

"Jas, come on, what's on your mind?"

Her eyes trace the lines of the carpet and for a moment I almost worry she won't tell me. I hope she can trust me with whatever's on mind, it doesn't feel right seeing her all down like this and not being able to help at all.