Bonus Chapter: Blast To The Past

If I had to confidently say one thing in my life, knowing that what would come out of my mouth is nothing short of the truth, I'd openly tell everyone how much of a lie the people around them are.

Or rather, how much of a living lie they could be.

Mr. Brown being a perfect example of that.

I'm staring out the window, my pencil casually twirling between my fingers, while my mind tries to force my pupils to concentrate on anything but the man working at the front of the class.

The very man who has wrecked absolute havoc in my life ever since my first day of my second year in high school.

"Mr. Huxley, please come see after class." He would say.

The first time he asked me to do so, I remember as clear as a bright sunny day in the middle of July. Ironic, since the man himself is nothing but a persistent dark cloud, haunting our usually bright-colored lives and completely blocking off the warmth that usually kisses our skin.

I do love the rain a lot, though. But, balance is key...

That very first time he called upon me. Asking for "help" with carrying some of the paperwork that piled up in his oh-so-special office on his oh-so-special desk. It brought nothing but a shiver down my spine and a forced slump to my shoulders.

Those few heavy stacks of paper soon turned into a dozen stacks of paper, weighing down my shoulders more and more with each time I hobbled down the long corridors.

The bright sunny day of September turned into a darkened and cool evening by the time I finally finished.

I would like to say he at least helped, but alas, he did not.

'Ask for help.' 'Tell someone.' 'Your parents wouldn't approve of his behavior.'

Yeah, my parents wouldn't. But everyone else might. He is the most favored teacher after all. Sure, he's a grump to everyone in general, but that's what makes him so funny to literally everyone!

They chuckle when he grunts in reply to a student's false answer.

They snort when he rolls his eyes in response to the student's constant chatter.

And they full on cackle when he slams a book or two to the floor when he can't get the projector to work properly.

They see him like so hilarious cartoon character sometimes.

Nothing he does ever rings any alarm bells because he's become the 'students' favorite'. They look forward to his strict nature, yet, usually calm and humorous demeanor.

And it ticks me off.

Of course, at first, I tried to fight back. Did I lose my fighting spirit by the time we reached my third year? Yes. But, boy, did I try to fight back.

Those are stories for another time though.

I don't think I will ever be able to understand the POV from my fellow classmates. No matter how much I try to ignore him or twist the truth.

I only ever come to one conclusion.

He's a master manipulator.

"Mr. Huxley, a word, please?" Of course, right as I try to make a run for the hills as soon as that darn bell rang.

"Yes, Mr. Brown?"

He arches a brow at me, silently telling me to sit down. Internally, I groan, at the idea of having to deal with explaining yet another late night to my wonderful parents.

The same parents who would back me up in a heartbeat if they caught wind of what I'm really up late doing, then chase me around with a stick once they realize how long I've kept this to myself.

Call me a coward, if you want, but I simply cannot burden my parents with anymore than I already have. Whether it be my coming out, my once dropping grades or my non-existent boy troubles; nothing seemed to be too much for them.

But this- this is just ridiculous.

I don't tell my parents because I'm most likely nothing more than a naive teenage boy.

My anger at this man sitting across from me and "asking" me to help him read through his other classes' essays, knowing I have my own homework to finish at home, knows no bounds.

I want to prove to him that he doesn't faze me for some reason.

My teenage pride is on the line here.

That's important to me.

Plus, he threatened to make my grades drop if I ever even think about ratting him out...

A/N:

I am in the process of something rather big and exciting in my personal life this week. Thus, a bonus chapter instead of a full chapter for today...

I will come back in full swing next week, guys!

For now, enjoy some more insight into what Mr. Brown really put 15/16 year old Noah through...

Thank you for your patience and continuous support! :)

<3