11: Unexpected Invite Plus One

"I don't know about you, but to me it sounds like they like you," I gasp at Jas' statement.

"Now that's just insane talk coming from you..." I rummage through her closet, trying to find a suitable outfit for her date with my other best friend tonight. Turns out Lucy has a little surprise for her. They couldn't decide who gets to plan their first date, so they settled on Lucy handling the first half during the later afternoon while Jas does dinner.

"Do you like them?" I drop the green crop-top to the floor, sputtering absolute nonsense to defend my rapid heartbeat at the mere idea of me liking them more than as friends.

"No." I pick up the top, throwing it on the bed with the rest of the forgotten clothing in my attempt to find something suitable for what Lucy has planned for her.

"So you do like them, gotcha," she falls onto her pile of clothes on the floor that slipped off the bed at some point, possibly due to my terrible aim, phone in hand as she starts giggling at something Lucy probably sent her.

I roll my eyes, choosing to subtly ignore the topic in another attempt to change the subject, "do you have any ideas on what she has planned?"

"Yeah, so I made this list based on the hints she gave me..."

Those edits that I always admired on my phone have a special place in my heart. Scrolling through my device, enjoying the satisfaction of the slow motion movements matching the pace of the songs. Actors from my favorite shows, attractive movements from my favorite artists on stage, models strutting down the runway and even animated characters during their most intense scenes. The edits created by the people working hard behind these fanpages are always an absolute joy to look at and I could scroll through them for hours at a time.

But never have I thought of seeing myself in one of those videos. A fanpage I just so happened to come across this morning on my secret private account, the one that has zero association to my workplace, is using some of the videos posted of me and a few behind-the-scenes clips they managed to find on our channel to create these incredible videos of me that I can't seem to stop looking at.

I teared up more than once at my desk this morning just remembering how much I always used to pretend I was the one in the edits, but now I'm not pretending anymore. I'm not even famous or anything, not even close to it, but to know someone likes me so much that they take time out of their day to create this is mind boggling to me.

My job here at the company was a lucky find to be honest. Getting my internship here was never a plan since my self-confidence lacked by a lot, I never thought I stood a chance. If it weren't for my parents convincing me to at least send them my application, I never would've done it. But it wasn't just them that managed to coerce me into at least trying...

"I really don't think this is a good idea, Ty..." my face illuminated by my laptop's bright screen as I stare at my documents that I'm required to send to Starlaxy in order to complete my application process.

"You've already shown your interest to a bunch of other companies in and around the area, may as well send this one out, you never know!" He squeezes both of my shoulders, leaning over to read through my 'why I chose Starlaxy' portion of the email again.

"But..."

"Nope, I don't wanna hear it, either click that send button yourself or I'll do it for ya," he already starts threatening me with his pointer finger grazing the enter button on my keyboard. I laugh, slapping his hand away and before I can even second guess myself for the tenth time this past hour, my own finger presses the button.