17 - Part 1: Let's Party!

Getting ready for tonight is quickly proving to be a more frivolous task than I expected...

Thankfully, Lucy and I already went shopping for outfits in advance, so that definitely takes a huge load off my shoulders. What I clearly did not plan, but obviously should've, is everything else:

Which jewelry pieces match well with the reds in my shirt? Is the white eyeliner too much? What about adding some cute hairpieces to my hair? What if the shoes don't look as good as I thought they would? Why am I even overthinking the shoes right now in the first place?!

In the midst of tugging on my black slacks, in a very failed attempt to soothe my nerves, I notice a glint coming off of the top of my dresser. Ah, I completely forgot about those...

Pulling the dangling earrings out of their box, I rest them on top of my earlobe to see if they would look any good with my look. And lo' and behold, they're perfect. Thank you, Lucy! The thin, sparkly diamonds hang off my ear in a subtle manner, which is exactly what I'm looking for.

After choosing our outfits together, Lucy ran off into a shop while I got us some food. She came back with a nearly glowing smile and shoved the box of earrings into one of my bags. I couldn't even protest or question what it was at the time until I got home and saw the beautiful jewelry shining back at me. When I texted her about it, all she replied was: 'It'll be your night to shine!" After that, she went to sleep and insisted I wear it at the party the next morning at work.

From here on I can match the rest of my jewelry with my earrings, starting with a ring each around my right thumb, ring finger and left index finger. A simple, silver bracelet around my wrist that has a cute, ruby red gem falling down the middle and, not to forget, a red ribbon tied loosely around my neck.

I tuck in the bottom part of the open-knitted red shirt I have on into my black slacks, making sure to put on a black undershirt underneath to cover up my upper body. The sleeves open up around my wrist, giving them a pretty flair whenever I move my arms around. I'll bring the rest of my make-up with me so I can finish it at their house.

Okay, I think I'm ready.

One would think I wouldn't be this nervous being here, seeing as this is my second time coming here, but here I am, literally shaking in my boots. Maybe it's the fact that I came here with Jas last time. Or maybe I'm still nervous they'll bring up what happened at the dinner now that we're all alone again. Perhaps, I'm questioning my own looks, which I don't know why I would be, but I kind of am.

Come on, now I'm just standing here like a creep. Just ring the bell, walk in with a friendly smile, and let's get this over with!

I hear the bell ringing within their home and my nervous jitters intensify tenfold once I hear: "Coming!"

The door opens moments later, revealing a shirtless Asher. He has no shirt on. Nothing is currently covering his torso. Or chest. Or any part above his waistline. Why? I'm not really complaining, but— why?!

His damp hair tells me he's just come out of the shower, which makes the heat that usually travels to my face, flow down south. The fly of his black jeans is still very open and I notice a singular stray droplet fall from a particularly wet strand of hair. My eyes follow its trail as it drips down the side of his neck, past his chest, and continues its sensual way down his midriff. "Um..." is the first thing leaving my smart mouth.

We're both quiet for a moment, not too sure where to go from here. He's just looking at me without saying anything, much like I am at the moment. Though, I can't say our reasonings as to why we're staring at each other are the same. Do I look okay?