15: Why with them?! Why?

————————
Really quick A/N: Umm, so quick trigger warning -panic attack-

I don't want to disrupt the flow of the book too much with warnings, so I hope this is sufficient enough for the rest of the book. "***" borders around the panic attack so, if you wish to continue, but choose to skip that part, continue reading after you see the second "***"

Please be overall careful while reading. I don't plan on adding too many of these types of scenes, but I'm still writing this entire rest of the story, so not even I know how anything will really progress.

Also... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 170 READS AND THE INCREDIBLE SUPPORT YOU'VE GIVEN ME! I APPRECIATE YOU SO MUCH BEYOND WORDS!

Other than that, enjoy! <3

(Any advice in terms or writing or overall educating me regarding any matters, mental health or otherwise, I'd very much so appreciate it!)
————————

"Wow... you made all this?!" We're currently gathered in my kitchen, staring into my freezer probably looking a bit ridiculous as all pairs of eyes currently stare at all of the desserts in a trance-like state.

"Yeah, I had to rush a bit though, so don't expect too much, please," I exhale deeply through my nose, placing the bowls side by side on my counter after ordering them not to touch any of them yet. Even with them insistently offering help, I manage to hold my ground long enough until we all sit around the table once again after carefully setting the bowls down in the middle.

"Alright, so..." I go on a small rant, attempting to explain my thought process as to why I chose a specific way of preparing each dessert tailored to everyone's preferences. The reason I wanted to add that bit of liquor to those two bowls totally has nothing to do with the fact that they were the ones who had the most wine during our previous dinner. All the while, trying my best to not make it obvious that I noticed the, not-so-sneaky, sips of coffee Asher takes behind the counter during his shifts. No no, it's all coincidence and I just so happened to take a mental note of it all, which seems to have come in handy for this dessert.

After distributing their dessert, I take in the fact that the room has gone beyond silent. The white noise tickling my ears only fuelling my anxiousness. Taking a brave look around the room, they're all looking at me with a mix of various expressions. Two of which are from my closest friends who are, now, leaning on each other with very obvious smirks.

The others definitely appear to be in shock and I'm still racking my brain to figure out if that's a positive reaction or not...

"You really did all of this... for us?" Hazel eyes meet mine with astoundment still very clear on his face, while I duck my head after confirming that I did, in fact, do all of this for them. I can't even manage to fool myself, I guess. I really wanted them all to like everything this evening, it all had to be perfect.

I shove his bowl closer to him with my index finger, silently telling them to all dig in and move their gazes off of me. I nudge my seat back, sitting down with a quiet huff as I finally listen to the sounds of their cutlery scraping against the bowls. Satisfied hums and gasps follow soon after while I take my own bite of dessert in hopes that the cold will cool down the heat in my face.

"This is..."

"Delicious!"

I force my gaze up to see the sincerity shining off of them and notice the nods of approval coming from the girls out of the corner of my eyes. A bunch of 'thank yous' are verbalized while I stare at them in a bout of shock. The bowls end up being empty before I could even acknowledge that they actually liked the dessert. That I did a good job...