behind the lies (Sam)

!!!SUICIDE!!!

i walk into Colby's room and hes sitting on the edge of his bed with his back facing me. "colby? you ok dude?" he looks over at me "yeah, I'm fine" that's clearly a lie. i can tell exactly when he lies and when he tells the truth since we've been friends since freshmen year. I've picked up on his lying patterns over the years and let me tell you  its really obvious that hes lying. "what's wrong?" i ask sitting next to him on his bed, "i said I'm fine Sam" another obvious lie from him. "Colby don't lie to me" he looks away  "just go Sam" i sigh before leaving the room respecting his wishes.  "if you ever want to talk then I'm right here" i say before closing the door and walking to my room, i hear moving furniture coming from his room but it suddenly stops, maybe hes just rearranging his room..? i don't think hes rearranging is room.. i hear gagging noises and i run to his room... no.. god please let this be a dream.. hes- hes trying to hang himself "COLBY!" i yell at the top of my lungs running over to him, i grab a chair and i pull him down while sobbing "Colby no..." i look at the red line mark on his neck and i run my finger around it. "S-Sam" he says weakly while coughing and gasping for air, "colby.." i say swallowing tears. "don't go i- i love you.." "i love you to Sammy... byeby...-" i start screaming crying as his eyes go lifeless. 

at the hospital

"Samuel?" i hear them call my name "how is he?" the nurse sighs while we walk to his room, "you're lucky you called us when you did..." tears form in my eyes "S-Sam?" the nurse looks at him "back in your room Cole" i look at him sadly "can i go in?" the nurse nods and i walk into his room as hes laying back on the bed, "the nurse said you shouldn't be talking for a while" he nods looking down at his fingers while fidgeting with them, i hold his hands still and he looks at me. i slowly lean in and kiss him because I'm scared that i might never see him about, the doctor walks in and says i can take him home but i just have to watch his every move. 

the next day

they finally let us go home. i open the door and he walks to the couch me following him, hes silent because hes not aloud to talk for a month. i sit next to him on the couch and he rests his head on my shoulder, "go to sleep Colby, ill be here when you wake up" i say softly kissing his head, he nods before drifting off to sleep while watching zombies 1.

i cant lose him-Sam Golbach