CHAPTER 18

She came out of the car and waved good bye at Joe. Joe drove off afterwards.

At night, Mirabel recurred how Joe confronted Williams in front of everyone. She was stunned by his action at the company.

She realized something about his behavior. This showed how protective Joe was towards her.

Mirabel admired that caring side of him. She felt happy. She was so excited about tomorrow. She wondered what Joe had planned for their date. She couldn't wait

The next day, Mirabel stood at the junction of her street, waiting for Joe as they had planned.

Joe's car showed up in no time. He opened the door for Mirabel to get in.

"Good morning princess. You are looking really adorable this morning," He said, winking at Mirabel.

Mirabel scoffed ad said he still looks the same.

"Come on, you can't say that. I expect a nice compliment or maybe a sweet word to lift my spirit up," Joe said.

Mirabel rolled her eyes and told Joe that he was looking breathe taking. "Are you happy?" She asked.

"Don't want to be taking someone's breathe away, but I like it," He said.

Mirabel laughed at Joe. He admired her beauty. He held her hand. Gaining Mirabel's attention at once.

Joe comments on her beauty once again, leaving her heart pounding with delight. She felt her temperature turning hot.

Mirabel blushed and thanked Joe.

Joe strated the car and drove away from that area.

They arrived at a big mansion, located away from the city, but not too far from the city.

Mirabel was stunned to see the large home. She stepped out of the car and laid her gaze on the mansion. "Waw!" She commented.

"Come with me," Joe said to Mirabel, leading the way.

Mirabel followed Joe from behind. Her eyes falling on the workers working around the mansion. It made her feel strange when their eyes dropped on her.

Mirabel took her eyes away from them. She followed Joe into his mansion.

The CEO took Mirabel upstairs to his room. Mirabel kept admiring the beautiful home. This is her first time in such a place before.

Joe took Mirabel into his room. He offered her a seat on his sofa and asked if she needed something to drink.

Mirabel told him she didn't feel like it, but Joe doesn't listen to her.

He reached for the mansion's line and called a maid over to bring them something.

He dropped the phone and moved closer to Mirabel.

The young lady's eyes went hovering around Joe's room. She couldn't find any picture of Joe or his wife. She wanted to see a photo at least, but there was nothing.

Joe asked her what she was looking for. Mirabel told him it was nothing. She didn't want him knowing that she's looking for his photos.

Soon, the maid arrived with a tray of wine with two glass. She dropped it down on the table which was next to Joe's bed and asked if he needed anything else.

"That'll be all," He said.

The maid left the room.

Joe walked up to the door and closed it with the key. He returned back to Mirabel and took hold of her hand. Lifting her off the sofa.