CHAPTER 3

Joe is the only one that praised Mirabel's  beauty at the party.
She couldn't stop blushing when he said that. She felt her heart racing.
Mirabel couldn't help the fact that she has fallen deeply for her boss. Her heart glowed whenever Joe winked or smiled at her.
She had grins creeping across her face.
So much love for this charming man. Mirabel thought of keeping her feelings to herself, but she just couldn't do it anymore.
With the way Joe always stared at her lovingly, her heart began pushing her to do the needful and let her love flow freely.
Having made her decision, she thought of many ways to confess her feelings to herboss, but wondered what his reaction would be.
"What will he say when I tell him how I feel? Gosh! I'm scared, " She panicked.
The last thing she wants is a raging Joe. She feared that she might get into trouble or be embarrassed.
"Maybe I should just try. There's no harm in trying," Mirabel encouraged herself.
Before she could make her move, Mirabel heard two of the staffs talking about Joe.
"He's such a handsome man. I can't help but admire him whenever he smiles at us, " The first said to the second.
"You aren't wrong at all," The second agreed.
Mirabel smiled hearing this.
But something else left her shocked.
As the two staffs talked about how handsome and wealthy Joe is, another staff joined in.
She scoffed at them both.
"You two better stop dreaming. You've forgotten that he's married," The staff said.
Shocked, Mirabel felt her world crumbling before her eyes.
"He's married?" She gazed in shock.
The staff joked about his wife coming to deal with the two staffs if they kept on gawking at their boss.
Shattered, Mirabel couldn't believe that Joe is a married. Her heart broke instantly.
Her eyes fell on the jovial CEO. He didn't look or behave like someone who is married. 
Although he behaves like a matured and sensible man, but married?
Mirabel felt hurt.
Her whole dreams and plans crumbled before her eyes.
Throughout the party, Mirabel was down. That happy and exciting mood she was on earlier, was no more there.
Most of the staffs tried to cheer her up, but she planted fake smiles just to send them away from her side.
Angel tried to find out what was bothering her, but she lied that it was nothing.
.
Towards the end of the party, Joe requested for Mirabel's help in carrying some gifts, which the staffs gave to him, back to his office.
He took some while she took the others, following him from behind.
When they got to the office, Joe dropped the gifts down. He decided to assist Mirabel with the gifts in her hold, allowing their hands to touch.
Mirabel shivered a little when she felt his hand touch hers.
She lifted her eyes up to see Joe. He had a smile on his face.
Quickly, she drew her hands away with a light smile across the face.
Just as she was about leaving the office, Joe questioned her about her mood.
He also noticed the change in her behavior during the party. It got him curious to know why. That's why he asked her to assist him, so he could talk to her.
 Mirabel lied that she was feeling weak and nothing else.
Joe hummed, feeling she wasn't telling him the whole truth.
While talking, she accidentally knocked down some of the gifts that piled up on his desk.
She apologized and bent down to pick them up.
Joe chuckled and joined her.
Seeing him helping out, Mirabel's heart ached. She sighed and asked, "How's your wife? "
On hearing this, Joe paused.
He had a strange expression on his face.
Mirabel saw the look across his face.
It showed that what she heard wasn't a lie, but the truth.
Joe managed to smile out. "She's fine," he answered Mirabel.
The hurt lady smiled and said, "That's good." She continued to help him out with the gifts on the ground.
.
The Party finally over came to an end. Everyone headed back to their various homes to rest, after having so much fun.
They were given their pay early. The amount was great.
Mirabel and Angel had exited the party together, before they went their separate ways.
At home, Mirabel laid on her bed at night. She was lost in her thoughts. She felt confused.
She didn't know what to do and how to forget about her feelings for her boss.
It was eating her up.
She regretted ever allowing the feelings in her to develop to this extent. Her heart ached seriously.
 Just as she was thinking, her phone rang.
Mirabel checked immediately. Only to find Joe calling.
She felt her heart skip.
"He's calling? " She stared at his name on the screen of her phone.
This will be the first time that Joe would be calling her.
They mostly chat on social media, but not call.
Mirabel decided to pick his call. "Hello?" She answered.
"Hey," Joe responded softly.
He said he wanted to check up on her and know how she was doing.
Mirabel told him she was fine.
She tried to end the conversation quickly with Joe, but Joe won't allow it.
He always found something to discuss with her. Making them both to talk on the phone for almost an hour.
Mirabel saw that the time had gone. She decided to stop the conversation by bringing it to Joe's notice.
"So soon? " He chuckled at his end.
Mirabel almost smiled, but she held it back.
Joe wished her a good night and she did the same.
Mirabel became quiet, waiting for Joe to cut the call.
But he didn't.
She didn't want to cut it herself, but she decided to do it. Thinking maybe he wanted her to.
That's when she heard Joe's voice.
"I feel like there's something you want to tell me. But you are scared to," Joe said.
Mirabel felt her heart skitter at Joe's words.
How did he know?
Joe persuaded her to speak up. Mirabel didn't want to. But Joe had his way.
He got Mirabel hooked emotionally, that she ended up confessing her feelings for Joe.
She told him she had a crush on him.
Joe became speechless.
His silence planted fear in Mirabel's heart. She feared that he was angry with her.
But the next thing she heard left her surprised.
"I get you Mirabel. You are a beautiful lady and I think you deserve the best. You are a wonderful woman, so I get your feelings. Why... Why don't we discuss this tomorrow?" Joe suggested.
Mirabel felt her heart beating.
"There's no work. Just a few staffs would be present. We can talk more better tomorrow. That would be fine," Joe suggested.
Mirabel felt strange and at the same time relieved.
She was pleased to know that Joe is nice and understanding.
So, she agreed to him.
Joe wished her a goodnight once again, before ending the call.