CHAPTER 6

Seeing his call, Mirabel decided to ignore Joe's call. She didn't want to have anything to do with him.

Joe called like more than six times, but Mirabel didn't pick. She declined some of his call. Thinking of switching her phone off.

DING! The sound of an alert came in.

Mirabel checked her phone, only to find a message from Joe.

He texted, " Nice try love. You can ignore my call all you want, but you can't evict me from your heart. I won't allow it."

Shocked, Mirabel gazed at the text speechlessly. She never knew that Joe was this naughty. He's indeed stubborn and crazy.

Mirabel felt frightened by his text. She groaned and decided to text Joe back.

"Leave me alone sir. I no longer need your help. Goodnight," she texted. Sending the message to Joe immediately.

In no time, Joe's reply came back. He sent a laughing emoji, followed by a word written boldly, 'LIES'.

Mirabel didn't like what she was seeing. What has she done?

Joe texted Mirabel again. Telling her that he wasn't going to let her off that easily. He promised to make her his lover, whether she liked it or not.

Reading Joe's reply, Mirabel didn't reply anymore. She stopped.

After that day, Mirabel ignored Joe's texts and calls. She acted like it's some kind of unwanted message entering her phone.

When Wednesday finally came, Mirabel and Angel went over to the Daycare, as instructed by their boss. It's a no work day, but staffs are to come in day.

Most of the staffs didn't resume that day. Some weren't back from their trip, while others planned on coming in the next day.

Mirabel and Angel were standing outside the Daycare, almost going in. The male staff that followed Angel home the other time, came around to greet the girls.

Angel smiled happily on seeing him. She responded to his greeting, more than Mirabel. Thanking him for escorting her to the hair salon.

The young man felt pleased. Showing his gentleness as a man. Angel giggled when he made a little and unfunny joke.

Her behavior left Mirabel staring at her. She suspected Angel's behavior towards the male staff. Wondering if Angel has a thing for the young man.

The male staff leaves both Mirabel and Angel alone, heading for the company. Mirabel and Angel went into the Daycare.

Getting in, Mirabel and Angel realized that they were the only ones around. It's just the two of them.

They turned on the TV and ended up watching a funny cartoon that came on.

In no time, Miss Bello showed up. She joined the two ladies in watching the TV.

As soon as the animation came to an end, Miss Bello asked Mirabel, if their boss was around.

Mirabel wondered why she asked. She then understood why Miss Bello was Inquiring about Joe. She wants another ride in his car.

Angel got stunned on learning this. She never knew that Mirabel and Miss Bello rode in their Joe's car.

"Why didn't you tell me this Mirabel? "She asked, still surprised that Mirabel didn't tell her about it.

Mirabel told Angel she had forgotten.

Miss Bello wished for Joe to take them in his car again. She explained how cruising it was. Getting Angel envious. But she wasn't mad.

But Miss Bello's dream wasn't coming to pass today. The young CEO wasn't around.