CHAPTER 14

Mirabel became excited. She wanted to know what Joe got for her. Joe pointed the table at the left and showed her something wrapped in a pink wrapping paper.

Quickly, Mirabel rushed to check it out. She opened it saw a set of color pens and a sketch pad, accompanied with other art materials. This got the young lady moved.

"Waw! I mean WAW! How did you know that I liked art materials?" She asked Joe. Admiring the color items..

Joe smirked at Mirabel. Telling her that he knows her taste, since he has been watching her.

He knew that Mirabel doesn't fancy jewellery, make up or fashionable clothes. He had seen the way she always used the children's crayons to colour or draw something. He even noticed a drawing book in her bag,which she drew different cartoon characters of her choice.

Mirabel was astonished to hear this from Joe. "You spy! You've been monitoring me," she laughed out, tapping Joe on the shoulder.

Joe chuckled, "You're welcome."

Pleased with the gift, Mirabel wrapped her arms around Joe, hugging him. She thanked him.

Joe planted a kiss on her forehead. He used this opportunity to ask Mirabel for a favour. He wants to spend sometime with her, but she has to pick a date for it.

Mirabel didn't know when. She then reminded him that the Daycare would be going on a break very soon.

"I could pick a date from there, but not now," Mirabel decided.

Joe agreed with her.

The Daycare will be going on a break next week. All the staffs would be free by that week.

Mirabel decided to return back to the Daycare, just in case the others were looking for her.

Joe allowed her to leave.

Mirabel thanked him for the gifts and kissed him on the cheek. Joe was upset that it wasn't on the lips.

Mirabel said No. "I'm not going for any lips. If I do, you won't let me off," She smirked at Joe. Leaving the office immediately with her gift.

Joe chuckled at what she said.

Finally, the Daycare went on a holiday. The staffs were coming to watch movies and spend some time chatting.

Mirabel wasn't free to see Joe. Not that she was busy or something. The staffs were always roaming around, even inside the company. Mirabel didn't want anyone of them seeing her with the Joe. It could be risky for them both.

From that Monday to Wednesday, the staffs number didn't reduce. But from Thursday, their number dropped. It was just like the last time, during the Christmas holiday.

A few staffs were around. Miss Bello was around and of course, Ella.

Ella won't dare to stay a day without coming to see her lover. She became a professional monitoring agent.

Whenever she saw Joe with his friends, she would always try to hang around them. She wanted to be noticed.

She even changed her attitude and started acting like Mirabel. She also wanted Joe and his friends to call her their Queen and all that.

But no matter what she does, she wasn't up to Mirabel's standard.

Joe has been unable to meet Mirabel as well. Some meetings were coming up as usual. He told Mirabel about it and she said she was fine with it.

That same Thursday, Ella was with Joe's phone. She had taken it from the CEO, using her silly and annoying attitude to get hold of it.

She brought it over to the Daycare to play. But her main aim was to see Joe's private messages.

Ella tried to unlock Joe's password, but the CEO had placed a strong password and face lock, so she can't unlock it.

This made Ella displeased. She couldn't unlock the password for his private messages and calls as well.

Still, Ella wanted Mirabel to notice her with the phone. She used different style to show Mirabel that she's with Joe's phone.

Mirabel saw it, but wasn't bothered. She didn't give a damn about it

Mirabel was busy drawing and painting with the materials Joe had gifted her. With the Daycare on break and nothing fun to do at home either, Mirabel decided to keep herself busy with drawings.

She was drawing a woman's face. It was as if she was in a wonder land. It felt beautiful within her.

While drawing,Joe came in to find Ella. He needed his phone back. He noticed that some staffs he saw earlier had gone home. But he could hear the voices of some staffs inside.

Joe noticed Mirabel in her usual corner,drawing. He smirked.

Ella saw him when he entered. She stood up and went to meet him.

"Sir, I've been trying to pass this level on your phone. Can you show me how?" Ella asked innocently. That was just a lie to get his attention.

Joe smiled and took the phone from her. Ella was displeased with this.

"I came to get my phone by the way. Thank you," Joe said, keeping the phone in his pocket.

Ella was upset. But she pretended to be fine with it.

"Go get me some cold drinks.

I'm tasty," Joe said, giving Ella a note.

Ella was not pleased at all. She wanted to ask him to send the Security or a cleaner, but she kept shut.

Joe moved away from Ella and went to meet Mirabel.

Ella then left to get the drink.

There was no other staff present, except for the ones inside the rooms relaxing.

Joe got closer to Mirabel and wrapped his arms around her.

"Today my princess isn't scared of me. I thought you would freak out when I touch you," Joe said,caressing his face with hers.

Mirabel smiled and said, "I'm not afraid of you. I'm used to your scares now. So go scare someone else."

Joe scoffed at Mirabel. He fixed his gaze on what she was drawing. This made Joe proud.

"That's why I love you. Always focused on the thing you love," he commented, kissing her on the cheek.