Chapter 33: Bellamy Blake.

Chapter 33 : Bellamy Blake.

"If you could stop checking up on me like I'm three years old that would be great." I spat at Bellamy.

Yes, once again, we had arrived at another argument. I was sick of Bellamy constant over protectiveness. I know I should feel honored or some shit because hey, the noble, no feelings leader was acting like I was a precious gem, but hell was it annoying.

"I'm just making sure you're not dead. Is that really a bad thing?" He retorted, his eyes narrowing.

"I am literally sat in the middle of the camp!" I said exasperatedly, "what the hell do you think is gonna happen to me?"

That one seemed to shut Bellamy up, and he resorted to just a glare in response.

I sighed, "Bell. Look I get it, I like knowing you're safe too, but seriously, how am I supposed to illegally trade apples if you're checking up on me every five minutes?"

I mentally congratulated myself as Bellamy cracked a smile.

One point to team Rae.

"Fine." He conceded with a nod, "just stay inside camp and make sure to come and see me before nightfall."

"Awesome." I grinned, "later Bell."

I gave him a kiss on the cheek before darting away to find someone fun.

I, instead, bumped into a surly psychopath.

"Watch it." Murphy mumbled before seeing it was me. "Oh."

"Oh to you too." I said, slightly offended.

Did I deserve to be Oh'd in such an unfriendly manner? I didn't think so. I'd never been anything but cordial towards Murphy, I'd even given him some action.

"You look cheerful for someone who was just sliced up by a couple grounders." He said, his eyes looking me up and down.

I frowned, "you look angry for someone whose ass isn't being kicked by our stupendously hot leader like it deserves."

Murphy let out a forced chuckle, "I get it. That's why you're so cheerful, because of 'our stupendously hot leader'. You know the rumors flying around about you two are quite outrageous."

"Considering rumors are what got you strung up by your neck in a tree, I'd have thought you would know better than to listen to them." I answered coolly.

"Little Fireball, messing around with the fearless rebel leader." Murphy shook his head in amusement. "You know it's funny, when we were dropped down here, the last person anyone saw you with was Bellamy. In fact from what I remember, he hated you as much as you hated him." Murphy laughed slightly, "the things he used to say about you."

Okay, he caught my attention with that one.

"Why what did he used to say?" I asked.

Murphy smirked, "that he couldn't wait until you were accidentally killed, or left camp, that you were the most irritating person he'd ever met, you know, what everyone else still thinks."

I felt a sudden bitterness towards Murphy, his attitude was mildly irritating where it had once been funny.

"In fact," he continued, "like him, as I mentioned, most people didn't even like you. They found your sarcasm annoying, your temper irritated them, and they didn't like your sense of humor, if you can call it that."

Jackass. I'm hilarious.

"And what?" I asked, "you think I care what other people thought? What they think?"

"A lot more than you let on, yeah." Murphy said, his eyes boring into mine as if trying to read me. "We're alike, you and I, you know that?"

I snorted.