Chapter 27 : The Apple Operation

Bellamy and Clarke had left on some A-WOL mission to get guns. I wasn't complaining, guns would be pretty damn cool. I wouldn't mind shooting some grounder ass.

The problem I had encountered upon the departure of Bellamy and Clarke was yet again, boredom. Jasper, Monty and I were having a nut throwing competition and to be perfectly honest, it was boring as hell.

I didn't even like nuts, and I kept missing them. So far, I had caught zero. And they kept hitting me in the eye.

I finally heaved a sigh and stood up, "I'm done."

Jasper pouted back at me, "why?"

"Because these stupid nuts won't let me catch them!" I snapped, "I'm hungry god damn."

"So eat them normally?" Monty said, chuckling lightly.

"No. That means failure, this, is a small retreat to make another plan before attacking yet again." I said dramatically, holding my head high.

"They're nuts." Monty deadpanned.

"They, are evil." I said, pointing to the pile of nuts we had left after distributing them to the rest of the camp.

"More for us." Jasper quipped, throwing one up in the air and expertly catching it in his mouth.

"Show off." I muttered, glaring at him. "I'm going to find another apple."

"Do you have a thing for apples?" Jasper asked, an amused smirk appearing on his face.

I stared at him in distaste for a few silent moments.

"Do you have a thing for apples?" I repeated mockingly, "shut up you idiot."

"She totally has a thing for apples." Jasper whispered loudly to Monty, a grin on his face.

Monty smiled and shot me an apologetic look, "he never knows when to stop."

"Clearly." I grumbled.

"I'd stop if you could deny it." Jasper shrugged.

"I don't have a thing for apples Jasper, that'd be weird." I said, rolling my eyes.

"So stop eating them." He replied, the grin dropping from his face.

"And what? Starve." I said, a touch of irony pulling at my tone.

"Eat some nuts." He said, gesturing to the pile between him and Monty.

I looked at Monty for help and he just shrugged and smiled in a way that said 'I know he's an idiot but we love him so please don't end his life'.

I'll admit I was tempted. Chocking him with those damned nuts would have been the highlight of my day, but then I definitely would have been kicked out of camp.

Which probably meant no apples unless I could find some. And that would be terrible.

So instead of murdering one of my closest friends, I chose to leave their company and find my way to the apples.

They were stacked in a tent, with some other uninteresting food items. Uninteresting meaning not as good as apples.

There was another guy in the tent, possibly guarding the door or something, who raised an eyebrow as I walked in.

"You want food?" He asked.

"Nah I'm here for the party." I said sarcastically. "Yes I want food, more precisely, apples."