Chapter 29 : "Unity Day? More Like Screw You Day."

Chapter 29 : "Unity Day? More like screw you day."

Shooting things wasn't as much fun as I'd hoped, and as I crawled back to my tent that night, I felt even worse than before.

My head ached, I felt hungry, tired, and like something was sucking all the energy out of me. Although that could just have been Bellamy's domineering personality.

Bellamy and I had had another argument about apples, I hadn't seen anyone else as they were all supposedly busy and on top of that, some wacko pushed past me and called me a cold blooded bitch.

Talk about a fun day.

I sighed as I stared at my plainly decorated tent. I wanted out.

I wanted to leave, and not come back. I didn't care if this stupid war finished me off, I didn't care if people from the Ark came down and imprisoned me again, I just wanted out of this social hole I was stuck in where I couldn't get away.

I think it was fairly obvious to the others how I was feeling because they seemed to decide they all wanted to cheer me up the second I left my tent the next morning.

"Happy Unity Day!" Jasper said loudly as the morning rays hit my face.

"Yeah, Unity Day. What a load of bullshit." I replied, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Oh come on, it's a time of peace, when the Ark came together." Jasper said, throwing an arm over my shoulder and walking me over to where breakfast was being served.

"The Ark is always screwing other people over, it's a bunch of shit J." I said, before noticing his change in attitude. "But whatever, if you wanna enjoy the stupidest day of eternity then sure, happy Unity Day."

"There's probably gonna be a party if that helps." Monty butted it, joining us as we grabbed whatever edible food there was.

I plastered a grin on my face at the sound of that. "A party? Tell me more."

Monty chuckled, "alcohol, party games, you know, the typical teenage rave."

"Awesome, that's more like it." I cheered, sitting down on a nearby log.

"But there's also gonna be a speech, so be on your best behavior." Clarke appeared in front of us, her eyes on me.

"Yeah yeah." I said defensively, "don't fuck up the stupid speech."

Clarke smiled kindly, "you could just not come if it's that big of a deal. No one's gonna notice."

I stared at her shock, "the Princess is telling me to kinda misbehave? Never thought I'd see that."

"How come she's allowed?" Jasper protested, from next to me, his shoulder hitting mine.

"It's my incredible good looks, I seduce even the girls." I said with a laugh.

"Yeah right, you couldn't seduce a leaf." Jasper retorted, rolling his eyes.

"Oh please, stop denying it J. You are totally in love with me." I joked, shoveling food in my mouth.

"How could I be in love with someone who eats like pig?" He said, "in fact it's probably you who loves me. What with my boyish charm and good looks."

"All boy, no man. What every girl loves."

"That's offensive." He mumbled, frowning exaggeratedly.

"Jasper I swear to god I will end you." I threatened, rolling my eyes.

"No you won't." He said cheerfully, as if I'd just told him he was winning the lottery.

"You won't see it coming then." I muttered darkly, finishing my food and standing up.