Chapter 6 : It's The Middle Of The Night

Chapter 6 : It's the middle of the night.

I couldn't sleep.

I'm not sure if it was the change of atmosphere or the weird noises I could hear from outside, but either way, I was not sleeping tonight. Or at least not for a while.

I sighed and pushed my way out of my new-and-not-collapsed tent. The camp was void of human life, the fire was still going making small crackling noises.  I was about to sit down near it when I heard what sounded like faint noises coming from somewhere west of the camp.

I swear if there was some kind of a party going on without me I would be murderous.

I quickly turned and headed that way, such a brilliant idea given the noises I'd been hearing- note sarcasm- tripping over a few stones on the way. I made my way down a rocky slope, skidding to a halt and freezing as I saw Wells being surrounded by Murphy and a few others, as Bellamy watched a few meters away.

How fucking dare he.

"What the hell are you doing!?" I yelled, losing my balance and slipping down the hill.

Oh wow, stupid move Rae.

They all turned to stare at me, and I saw Bellamy frown. "Get her."

I scrambled to get up, but didn't get far before a pair of arms grabbed me. "Get the fuck off me or I swear to god I will slit your throat."

I was hurled over to Bellamy, and I quickly realised what had happened when I saw Wells wristband on the floor. He gave me a solemn look, but stayed where he had been pushed on the floor.

I crossed my arms defiantly across my chest.

"What now your highness?" I sneered.

"Hold out your arm." He said.

"What, willingly? Oh Bellamy. You wish."

I swung my fist at his face, catching him off guard. I knew I wouldn't get away with it, what with all his followers around, but seeing the blood trickle down from his nose was well worth it.

I didn't struggle against the two guys who grabbed me, and held my arm out. I saw Murphy move forward, and within a few seconds my bracelet was rolling on the floor.

Bellamy picked it up and carelessly threw it into the bushes. Wells was looking up at me with an expression I couldn't decipher, pity? Fear? Who knew.

I was released, and I quickly moved to help Wells up.

Bellamy just stared at me, before moving away, along with the rest of his crew. Murphy hung back.

"You know, you had that one coming." He said to Wells, "and you, you're too nosy for your own good."

I laughed, "and you? You're just a follower." I spat.

Murphy just rolled his eyes, and marched back to camp.

"Are you okay?" I asked Wells, checking to see if he had any life-threatening wounds.

"Fine."

There was a moments silence before he spoke again. "Thanks. For trying. I thought they were going to kill me."

"I might be a murderer Wells. But I murdered for the right reasons, I don't tolerate bullying."

He nodded, "we should go back."

"I'll follow you on." I said, ignoring Wells' questioning look.

I watched as he retreated up the hill, back towards the camp. I saw he was still limping slightly, Murphy was a bitch.