Chapter 28 : As Pale As A Snowflake

Chapter 28 : As pale as a snowflake.

"Rae." A voice spoke clearly, pulling me from my peaceful sleep.

"Fuck off." I mumbled, yanking the thin sheet that was supposed to be my bedcovers further over my head.

"Rae, get up."

The sheet was torn away from me within seconds, causing me to glare at the attacker in question.

"Oh you're back." I said, staring at Bellamy in surprise. "Did you get the guns?"

"We did." He replied calmly even though his eyes screamed anger.

"Did you make a huge ass speech the second you got back?" I yawned, sitting up. "The Grounder disappeared by the way, I checked. The camp may wanna know that."

"Yeah we already knew that, everyone knows that. That's why I made a speech. To get them to calm down."

"How sweet, are you gonna make another one here cause I missed it or did I do something wrong again?" I asked quizically, trying to figure out why Bellamy was in my tent.

"Where are the apples Rae?" He demanded, arms over his chest, my bed sheet discarded on the floor next to him.

Oh shit.

"The apples?" I gave a nervous laugh, "what apples?

Bellamy sighed, "you're like an attention seeking child, you know that? We need those apples to survive if we can't hunt."

"Well damn." I said, "who knew our lives depended on fruit? And I am not attention seeking."

"Rae." Bellamy said, his gaze hardening, "the apples."

I have to admit, I was tempted to just hand them over but those apples were a goldmine.

Last night I'd successfully collected a jumper, a pair of boots, several hairbands and a couple extra water bottles.

So there was no way in hell Bellamy was getting them back.

"I don't have the apples, they're gone." I said nonchalantly.

Hah. They were literally two feet away from him.

"You expect me to believe that over thirty apples have just gone?" He said, raising his eyebrows.

A smart retort came to my lips before my stomach suddenly lurched and I grabbed the nearest open object (an empty bag) and threw up.

"Rae!" Bellamy's voice sounded from above me. "Are you okay? Should I get Clarke?"

With a faint smile, I looked up at him. "Must have been all the apples."

And promptly threw up again.

-

"And you're okay now?" Clarke said, feeling my head again.

"Yeah I swear, I just had an off moment." I told her, pushing her hand away as I scrambled backwards.

Clarke shifted her gaze to Bellamy, who was hovering at the entrance to my tent. "Well it's certainly strange but if she insists she's fine, then we can't do anything else."

"I'm right here, and I'm fine." I interjected, grabbing a jacket which I recognized to be Bellamy's off the floor and slinging it over my shoulders. So fucking comfortable, and it immediately made Bellamy smile, which was a bonus.

"Doesn't someone need to teach me how to shoot?" I asked, looking over at Bellamy who was still staring at me as if I were about to break.

"No way, not until you feel better." He said, shaking his head.