Chapter 23 : To Wish Upon A Rocket.

Chapter 23 : To wish upon a rocket.

After being filled in on the real and main reason Raven was here (300 people were about to be killed on the Ark because it was running out of air) and after hastily questioning Bellamy, I now found myself wading in a river.  We'd returned back to camp to grab more people to help search for the radio. The walking held a rather interesting conversation between myself and Clarke, in which I found out that Raven and Finn were an item. And Carter was their permanent third wheel best friend.

The sun was up high in the sky, around midday, I still hadn't got any sleep and to top it all off, Bellamy wasn't doing a damn thing.

"You could help you know, considering this is all your fault." I said irritably, using my feet to feel around the river bed as I glared at Bellamy who was leisurely standing on the bank.

"I can't have them come down here." He said for the umpteenth time since we got here.

"Yeah exactly." I said, "you can't. What about the rest of us? And those three hundred innocent people up on the Ark? Did they have that coming? Jaha's not even dead. You're clearly not that good at shooting." I muttered that last part under my breath, but even so Bellamy heard and shot me a glare.

"Since when is it your job to yell at me and criticize my choices?"

"Since we got involved." I replied sarcastically, "and since you started making bad choices."

"Yeah? Well maybe you were a bad choice." He turned and walked further along the bank, leaving me to stare after him furiously.

What a dick.

I angrily kicked at the pebbled floor, determined to find the damn radio that got us into this mess in the first place.

"If you find that radio, you'll probably break it if you keep kicking around like that." A voice said in amusement.

I turned to find Raven looking at me with a small smile. She'd clearly been diving as her hair and face were wet, as well as her body.

"He's got quite the attitude problem, hasn't he?" She said, nodding in Bellamy's direction.

"He acts like a melodramatic teenager that wasn't allowed to pierce his eyebrow or some shit." I agreed whole-heartedly with the brunette.

"It's Rae, right?" Although we were talking, I could see her scanning the water for the missing radio.

"Yep." A twinge of annoyance rang through me. I'd told her my name not even an hour ago.

"The mass murderer in person, nice to meet you." She grinned at me, clearly not realizing the impact of her words.

The mass murderer.

The nicknames could obviously not get any worse or objectifying, not the girl who risked her life to save Jasper, or the one who stops Bellamy from being a dick ninety percent of the time, but The Mass Murderer.

"And you're the mechanic who crash landed in the middle of the forest and disturbed my sleep. Nice to meet you too." I responded coolly, I still hadn't made my mind up about Raven.

She looked like she was about to say something but a resounding "Hey I found it!" echoed around the area, and within seconds Raven, Clarke, Finn, Carter and Bellamy and myself were standing around the guy who found the radio.

     Raven gently pried it from his hands and stared at it for a few minutes, as we all looked at her in anticipation.

"Well? Can you fix it?" Clarke asked hopefully.