Chapter 10 : Actual Walking Lessons

It took some time, but I convinced Finn to pick me up and bring me outside (with Clarke's consent of course). I was put down and held up by Octavia and Finn with Carter standing by to help me if I needed.

It felt weird, my legs were tingling, there was still no pain but I was sure it wouldn't take long to kick in. Clarke had given me full permission to try and walk on my ankle, which wasn't all that bad.

"You ready?" Finn asked, holding my arm.

"As I'll ever be." I mumbled, "okay let go."

At turtle pace, Finn and Octavia released my arms.

I stumbled forward, and Finn grabbed me again.

"I've got it." I snapped, probably a bit too harshly. I shrugged his arms off, and took a shaky step forward. Before slowly turning around and giving them a smug smile. "See?" I took another few steps. "I can walk."

"You're gonna fall." Carter said knowingly, before walking away.

I stared after her, dumbfounded, before finding my voice.

"I will not!"

As predicted, not even a minute later I was tumbling to the floor. A pair of arms looped around my waist and propped me back up again. I looked wide eyed at Finn and Octavia who were still standing where I'd left them, both staring back at me.

So who had caught me?

"I thought you weren't allowed out?"

I gave a sigh of relief at the sound of Wells' familiar voice. "Clarke gave full permission." I told him, turning around slowly, to give him a hug.

"Full permission?" Wells looked at me in disbelief.

"Well... Semi permission."

"Thought so." Wells laughed. "So you're walking now?"

I bit back a sarcastic reply and just smiled, taking another shaky step. "I'm a pro." I said smugly.

Before falling over.

Only this time no one caught me and I got a mouthful of dirt. I groaned as Wells, Octavia and Finn helped me up.

"That's what you get." Octavia said, laughing slightly.

"What is she doing out?"

I sighed, looking over at Bellamy who was staring at us with his eyebrows raised.

"I'm getting walking lessons, like you said." I told him, "surprise! I'm actually doing something you said."

"I think when he pictured walking lessons, he saw himself as the one helping you." Finn said, smirking.

I tried to ignore that comment and Octavia's sniggering and I could see Bellamy doing the same. He just rolled his eyes at me, making me bite back a laugh.

"You don't seem to be handling very well anyway." He said finally, staring pointedly at his sister and Finn.

"They just kind of stand nearby judging me actually. However, Wells here saved me once." I said, patting the dark skinned boy on the shoulder.

"I carried you down here." Finn protested.

"Carter and Octavia helped get me down the ladder, so don't think you did it all by yourself." I said, I actually felt pretty tired. Moving is so exhausting.

Finn just rolled his eyes, "well now that you're a pro. I'll go and see where Carter got to."

I watched in surprise and Finn shot me a smile and just walked away in the direction Carter went.